PDA

View Full Version : CMP rifles, do they even have original springs?

timshufflin
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Saw this thread over on the CMP http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=58704

The thread got me thinking, I know that many of the CMP rifles have the original springs, why else would some of mine have been in 7 pieces :o I also know though that many rifles have new springs in them. How is one to know if they even got the original spring or an Orion7? They both show magnetic, the GI more so.

canes7
11-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Because Orest the Oracle said so.

I saw that thread too. I did't bother reading past the thread title though.

Roadkingtrax
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh My....where are you going to find an Original set of HRA springs at?

Give me break,...I think some people go overboard with collecting. Truly overboard.

redheep
11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
I replaced the recoil spring in my carbine after I shot it the first time. Never gave it a second thought.

If you have an original muscle car with NOS radiator hoses on it, is it original? Some of these "collectors" need to get over themselves.

sandsnow
11-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I think the probability of getting an aftermarket spring is pretty good if the CMP can get them cheap enough.

Prince Humperdink
11-04-2011, 07:39 PM
All You have to do is whip out that certificate at the time of sale,and this point is moot.CMP certificate trumps all(even reason).

sandsnow
11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
All You have to do is whip out that certificate at the time of sale,and this point is moot.CMP certificate trumps all(even reason).

Hell yes!!

Orlando
11-04-2011, 08:48 PM
None of mine have original springs as the first thing I do is replace the Op Rod spring on every Garand I buy. Wasteful? maybe but I dont have to worry about issues at the range

Roadkingtrax
11-04-2011, 09:05 PM
None of mine have original springs as the first thing I do is replace the Op Rod spring on every Garand I buy. Wasteful? maybe but I dont have to worry about issues at the range

Bolt smacking against the heel of the receiver is no joke. I would say the Op-rod spring is a gimme.

cuppednlocked
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
My sg special had a honey nut brown colored spring. Original? Doubt it.

redheep
11-05-2011, 06:40 PM
You replaced a honey nut brown spring?

Don't you know that those came from the personal stash of John Garand himself?

You better find it, it's priceless.

spinner
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I replace all my springs with new ones. Most are so worn and are short. I see nothing wrong with replacing items like that. No one complains if you have replaced your cars battery etc..... Take care Spin