PDA

View Full Version : CMP Case - Safe for shipping?

MJS051
03-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm going to be shipping my M1 to Tim soon. Is the CMP hard case safe for shipping by itself if I ziptie the padlock holes and tape over the latches, or should I find a cardboard box for the case to make it more discreet?

Any suggestions on who I should ship through?

Eli
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I shipped an FAL in a similar case a couple of years ago, no issues.

Eli

timshufflin
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I get cases like that all the time, never seen a gun broke yet but you might get a damaged shipping container. That's what the cases are for though, they seem to do the job.

GarandGrabber
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM
If I'm gonna ship a rifle in the mean green case I still throw the whole bali-works into the cardboard box the CMP ships em in. Prolly don't need to but double insurace beats none...$clapper$

timshufflin
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
The box does add cost. The insurance on the package is really all the insurance one needs.

Dave
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
The box does add cost. The insurance on the package is really all the insurance one needs.

I'd rather pay the extra then to have a rifle case go undisguised. There are some guns that money just can't replace. I'll be sending one of those to you soon. I thought I had at least one ready to go but after an actual assemblage of the parts I found I'm still short a few items that I thought I had. :(
Damn round front clip latches used to be an easy find. Now it looks like I'll have to pay up if I want one. The one I had for this build had the damn inside tip broke off and I never noticed it until now.
Sorry to get OT...... :)

GarandGrabber
03-26-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd rather pay the extra then to have a rifle case go undisguised. There are some guns that money just can't replace. I'll be sending one of those to you soon. I thought I had at least one ready to go but after an actual assemblage of the parts I found I'm still short a few items that I thought I had. :(
Damn round front clip latches used to be an easy find. Now it looks like I'll have to pay up if I want one. The one I had for this build had the damn inside tip broke off and I never noticed it until now.
Sorry to get OT...... :)

My sentiments exactly..Yes it might add 2-3 dollars but the buyer also gets a case that isn't all beat to hell