PDA

View Full Version : Reliability Question

JTMcC
03-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I have a few questions for those of you who've run a large number of rounds thru your Mini-G.

1) How would you rate the long term reliability compared to a sound, stock Garand?

2) Any particular wear issues (above and beyond what you'd expect in a stock rifle) to be aware of?

3) Any additional or different maintenance?

Thanks,
JT

seaninmich
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I have a few questions for those of you who've run a large number of rounds thru your Mini-G.

1) How would you rate the long term reliability compared to a sound, stock Garand?

2) Any particular wear issues (above and beyond what you'd expect in a stock rifle) to be aware of?

3) Any additional or different maintenance?

Thanks,
JT

1) I haven't shot mine in about a year (just no time), but I got the first one off the assembly line and we ran a gazillion rounds through it the first couple years. It has yet to malfunction.

2) nada

3) nope. I treat just like any other garand. In fact, my mini-g sees field time deer hunting and gets snowy, icy, dirty, muddy, and (on good days) a little bloody. No problems. I think Tim told me I'd have to change my oprod spring at some regular interval (obviously, I haven't), but they're cheap and I change them out on the garands all the time as well.

timshufflin
03-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Sean is too kind BUT, remember when you had issues right off the bat? Sean has a gorgeous laminate stock and I failed to relieve it enough on the oprod side. Once relieved, nothing but net.

buckshot85
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I be gettin' anxious!!!!

JTMcC
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for that information.

JT

seaninmich
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Sean is too kind BUT, remember when you had issues right off the bat? Sean has a gorgeous laminate stock and I failed to relieve it enough on the oprod side. Once relieved, nothing but net.

Yeah, I don't really count that. The rifle functioned fine, I just rushed it and didn't fit the stock properly.