PDA

View Full Version : The Wait is Killing Me!!!

HerkyBird
09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm wanting to convert my M1 into a Mini-G. Before I do so, though, I ordered a new Criterion barrel and new stock from the CMP. This way, I can keep my original barrel intact and only have to switch out the barrels and get a new op rod and spring if I ever want to convert it back. The CMP is taking FOREVER, though. Been almost 2 weeks and they said it may be 2 more. This money is burning quite the hole in my pocket. My love for Marlins and the deep yearning in my soul for a 45-70 is causing Marlin Guide Guns to starting to look really good, as are reloading supplies for 30-30 and 45-70. MUST. STAY. STRONG. Its getting tough.

Orlando
09-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Cant Shuff supply the barrel and stock or is he out??????

HerkyBird
09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I know he can provide the stock, but CMP was a little cheaper. Plus, I like to tinker as well, so I wanted to switch out the stocks myself. He does new .308 barrels, but I don't know about '06. Shuff?

Orlando
09-18-2012, 08:49 PM
If you like to tinker with stocks then you should order it from Dupage Trading
Stock comes unfinished for less than $100 and it wont have that fugly CMP stamp
Yes Tim will rebarrel your rifle in 30.06
http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/m1-garand/

dogboysdad
09-18-2012, 11:14 PM
I know he can provide the stock, but CMP was a little cheaper. Plus, I like to tinker as well, so I wanted to switch out the stocks myself. He does new .308 barrels, but I don't know about '06. Shuff?

Might be a little cheaper, but figure in tax and shipping from CMP to you and from you to Tim. Not such a great deal. Go with Shufflin.

HerkyBird
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Should get everything today or tomorrow. Get ready Tim!