PDA

View Full Version : Stuey Are you Okay?

LEAD POISON
10-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Stu. Are you Okay?
The local yocal news said Long Island broke off and floated away?
I hope your OK.
Let us know as soon as you can.
How bad was it?
LP

seaninmich
10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I hope Stu is OK. That said, I hope NYC is washed off the face of the planet

jak
10-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Long Island was hit real hard Most of Long Island has no power. Power companies are saying days and maybe a week for power to be restored in some areas.

timshufflin
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope Stu is OK. That said, I hope NYC is washed off the face of the planet

My sentiments exactly! To my fellow BT Members and East Coast Conservatives, I wish you all safety and good fortune. To any liberal on the coast, I truly wish the storm breaks you.

Stu is okay, he has no power, his neighbors homes are under water but Stu's home just made it from going under. Axe man, cannonshooter, my other NY and east coast BT brethern, how goes it?

cannonshooter
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Ty Timmy,
I rode out the storm at the house in PA as i was on vacation, no damage there still dont have power though. Im back on Staten Island now parents got power back at 330-4 oclock they had no damage. Parts of Staten Island look like New Orleans especially on the shore line. Great Kills harbor basically doesnt exist anymore from what i hear. Should be lots of fun going into to work tomorrow since i work in chinatown. Downtown Manhattan basically the financial district had water 3 blocks inland and the southern tip by the si ferry was totally covered. Almost of Long Island both nassau and suffolk counties are with out power basically things are a mess. looked like for awhile today that there was no way for me to make it onto SI as all the bridges were closed at 1000 when I checked. There are reasons that old time Staten Islanders didnt build anything in certain areas those are the areas that flood, now they will rebuild in the same areas until it happens again.
Mack

Shug
10-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Here in Annapolis, we had hurricane force winds, a lot of rain, but not much tidal surge (less than 4'). No NYC-level destruction. Power was out for a day, but backup generator worked fine.

But we did play host to two NY refugees. Two in-laws were in Baltimore for a family event Sunday, and got stuck there when transportation started getting shut down, well in advance of the actual storm hitting. One was receiving emailed photos from her husband in Brooklyn, showing water midway up the balcony railing on the 2nd floor of their apartment building. They live on the 3rd floor, but it's going to be a while before the building is inhabitable because the utilities come in through the basement She's staying still with us today because Amtrak cancelled all their trains for today into NY. My mother in-law is taking the bus back today, but she's going to have a hard time getting from the bus terminal back to her apartment in Brooklyn with no subway.

Other than that, it's back to school, back to work, and some yard work with the chainsaw.

axemurderer
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Hello Tim and all

I am ok, quite a bit of staten Island is ok, However I have seen devistation like you only see in movies. We lost power monday 7pm and have not seen it since. Sending this from a job computer, but not mine as both my buildings are witout power. I hope eceryone else in the path of this storm is ok. Me and mine will hold you all in our prayers!!!!!

Mike

LEAD POISON
10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Mike. Glad your OKAY.

timshufflin
10-31-2012, 12:53 PM
YES, AXEMAN is okay! Keep swinging Axeman, and God Bless!

Prince Humperdink
10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
My prayers for My east coast BT brethren!

axemurderer
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Your Grace thank you for the concern, and Tim it is more like swiming then swinging!

Mike

timshufflin
10-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Herald on my brother, herald on!

Punch The Clown
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm Back! Wow, what a mess over here. It's like katrina. We just got power back this AM. The ocean came up to about a foot from my house and then stopped! My neighbors were not so lucky. The houses around me were flooded. Coney Island and Brighton are wiped out. It's amazing. All these unemployed parasites that live there are just standing around. You would think they would be cleaning up the mess but they'd rather complain that no one is there to clean up for them. Typical. Breezy Point and Gerritsen Beach-filled with working folk-were also wiped out. The difference is that those folks are cleaning up like mad. There are boats sitting in the middle of the streets. There's a 40' sport fisherman nearby but it's too big for me to tow home.
obama tried to visit but bloomberg told him we were too busy to entertain him.
The parasites keep calling 911 for nonsense. My "hero" ass is exhausted. This is going to go on for months.

Eli
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey man, you could always head south or west!

Eli

seaninmich
11-01-2012, 09:08 PM
so it's double good news? Stu is OK and NYC is devastated. It truly is a Christmas miracle! God Bless us, everyone

timshufflin
11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
so it's double good news? Stu is OK and NYC is devastated. It truly is a Christmas miracle! God Bless us, everyone

No no no, it's a quadruple Christmas miracle! Stu, Tony G, Cannon, Axe, all good and nyc devastated. We still lose though, here's your check, BS!

cuppednlocked
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Having been flooded out of my house during the Dennis and Floyd one-two punch I'm glad you escaped that fate.

There were plenty who sat and did nothing down here too.

cannonshooter
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Sean,
Would you still feel that way if some of my family had been wiped out? Sorry dude but even though I can't stand what NYS and NYC have become I have seen too many hard working people have their lives destroyed by this to be real callous about it. Yes Sean certain areas were basically wiped out. 2 of the officers I work with with lost everything, but hey they suck the government tit so i guess that doesnt matter and they got what they deserved right and the fact that they go to work everyday pay their taxes and try to a provide a good life for their family doesnt matter? The funny thing is I dont even like one of the ones that lost her house but I still feel great sorrow that she lost the house that she worked very hard to obtain just as I would feel very bad and to try to help you if a natural disaster struck your community.
Mack

cannonshooter
11-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Stu,
Glad you and your family are ok. If you need anything PM me.
Mack

timshufflin
11-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Sean,
Would you still feel that way if some of my family had been wiped out? Sorry dude but even though I can't stand what NYS and NYC have become I have seen too many hard working people have their lives destroyed by this to be real callous about it. Yes Sean certain areas were basically wiped out. 2 of the officers I work with with lost everything, but hey they suck the government tit so i guess that doesnt matter and they got what they deserved right and the fact that they go to work everyday pay their taxes and try to a provide a good life for their family doesnt matter? The funny thing is I dont even like one of the ones that lost her house but I still feel great sorrow that she lost the house that she worked very hard to obtain just as I would feel very bad and to try to help you if a natural disaster struck your community.
Mack

1. Government employees don't pay taxes.
2. Sean would never want a conservative to be "wiped out", I know I wouldn't.
3. I wish that even my own left leaning family members would be "wiped out" so I certainly would wish someone else's left leaning family members would be.
4. democrats are not people so there is no moral dilemma.

Punch The Clown
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Stu,
Glad you and your family are ok. If you need anything PM me.
Mack

Thanks Mack. Ditto. Unfortunately the plague took out a lot of good people and once again left the skels untouched. Two of my buds lost their homes. That cop in SI was killed saving his family. Gerritsen and Breezy-and you can't get more conservative areas than them-are destroyed. But after the dust settled the pj's are still standing. Habitrails are bulletproof.

cannonshooter
11-01-2012, 10:29 PM
So Timmy as a Government employee you are saying that I do not pay taxes? Well golly gee than for 16 years my pay stub and with holding boxes on my w2 have been wrong. I should just run out to the fed, state and local governments and tell them I want all the money they have taken from me since government employees do not pay taxes.
Mack

cannonshooter
11-01-2012, 10:37 PM
My partner at work lives in Gerritsen beach 1 and half blocks from the marina the first floor of his house and a river through it. Yes it always seems like the skids in life never get wiped out. That is because they are human cockroaches. Breezy point Gerritsen beach Midland beach South beach Oakwood the area around Great Kills Marina they all have one thing in common higher property values and since the skids cant afford it they tend to congregate in less desirable areas which always seem to be more insulated against mother nature.
Mack

timshufflin
11-02-2012, 05:36 AM
So Timmy as a Government employee you are saying that I do not pay taxes? Well golly gee than for 16 years my pay stub and with holding boxes on my w2 have been wrong. I should just run out to the fed, state and local governments and tell them I want all the money they have taken from me since government employees do not pay taxes.
Mack

A government employee is paid with tax money am I correct? If you are paid with tax money then how have you paid a tax? The government would simply be taking back money that they already confiscated from someone else, the government creates nothing, not ever, so any monies they pay out are by definition, not taxed.

Yes, it's really neat that the government makes me feel good by having a tax line on the check of government employees where the government takes back, by slight of hand, that which was never produced.

You may as well have no taxes on any government employee check, this would make this situation more clear. Instead of a government employee getting a check for say $2100, that employee would just get a check for $1300 and no taxes would be taken out. The problem with this scenario, for the government, is that people with jobs in the free market would go flipping nuts. The "gig would be up" and you'd have class warfare between the private sector and government sector.

Don't get me wrong cannonmaster, I would not argue that your employment specifically is not needed or should be made private. Your job is exactly such a job that government has to do under my reading of the US Constitution and my own State Constitution. Even though one is employed justly in a government position, you still aren't paying a tax though because no GDP was produced with your employment and without GDP being produced, a tax on a job paid with taxes is not a tax at all, it's a magic trick.