PDA

View Full Version : Sending a rifle in to be converted to the Mini-G

firebug407
02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Hello all,
This is my first post on any site like this, so bare with me. I'm not very computer friendly! Any who, thanks for letting me join!

I have a Springfield M1 Garand laying around (I know, laying around!), So I making taking the big step of converting it to the Mini-G. The rifle has a few issues that need to addressed with the rifle before it is ready to punch holes into square pieces of paper. The first is a barrel but I'm going with the 7.62 in the conversion so thats not an issue. Second is that my op rod needs a new lug and piston. Should I replace this before I send it out or does the conversion replace the op rod? The next question I have is do I refinish the wood stock before or after the converstion. This may not be a question if I do not need to send the furniture with it, I can't find an answer on the order form. I assure you that it may very well be there in plain site but I am not very observant when guns and women are around to destract me! Any other helpful information that anyone has about the process would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks, John

LEAD POISON
02-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Get your answers from Grampa Tim, Call him .

timshufflin
02-04-2013, 06:39 PM
You need your lug repaired before you send it in, piston doesn't matter. The wood is your call. Send the stock with the rifle. If you are going .308, consider a spacer block, they sometimes aid in functioning.

firebug407
02-04-2013, 07:50 PM
The op rod is headed to Ohio this week than! Thanks guys