PDA

View Full Version : My opinion... Eh

cuppednlocked
02-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Last night's episode did NOT blow my skirt up.

buckley94thmp
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM
i think last nights episode was better than most. i actually gave a shit about the characters. once someone finally kills rick the show will get really good. actually i take that back i want ricks death to be completely uneventful like he falls down some stairs or dies in his sleep..... god damn he sucks

cuppednlocked
02-18-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm all for the character development.

The only part that was remotely interesting to me was the gleam in the girl's eye as she suffocated Judith and Carol popping up and saving her. Shows how twisted the little girl really is...

Shug
02-18-2014, 09:52 PM
It just seems to me that the script writers are running out of major new ideas. The walkers' behavior doesn't change, the threat of other hostile, dysfunctional groups of survivors is pretty much a constant. How many new types of situations can they get the main characters into that keeps the audience's interest?

Jimbo Slice
02-18-2014, 10:15 PM
It just seems to me that the script writers are running our of major new ideas. The walkers' behavior doesn't change, the threat of other hostile, dysfunctional groups of survivors is pretty much a constant. How many new types of situations can they get the main characters get themselves into that keep the audience's interest?

Maybe Timmy will fall down a well?

buckley94thmp
02-18-2014, 10:20 PM
It just seems to me that the script writers are running our of major new ideas. The walkers' behavior doesn't change, the threat of other hostile, dysfunctional groups of survivors is pretty much a constant. How many new types of situations can they get the main characters get themselves into that keep the audience's interest?

This is the problem with all really great television shows. They start out with a really good story And don't anticipate 2345 seasons. So, every week they water it down more and more and it just becomes stupid.
The first season of heroes might've been one of the best television shows I have seen.... And it just goes downhill from there Season after season the show that worse and worse.

But anyway the walking dead, I wish they would focus more on survival Kind of like they did on Jericho Before that show that really stupid Or like they should've done on revolution but ... That show always sucked

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the matter.

Shug
02-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Another good direction would be to introduce a "science" element; something that would allow the characters an opportunity to put a stop to the walker threat once and for all. That would provide enough good drama for another couple of seasons. Or, alternatively, reboot with a different set of survivors elsewhere and tell their story.

We're seeing a common effect with the show. The writers have exhausted their good ideas for the core characters and settings, but changing either would risk losing the audience that was attracted and held by those elements in the first place. The show's concept may be getting near the end of its useful life when fans advocate the lead character dying and his reanimated, zombie corpse eating another lead character. Actually, there are a lot of other shows that would have become temporarily interesting again if that happened on them.

canes7
02-19-2014, 08:52 AM
They need to show what's going on in the rest of the world. Maybe send Glenn and Maggie off on a honeymoon cruise to China so we can see what Chinese walkers are like.