PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching The World Wars on the 'history' channel?

jbkf1003
05-28-2014, 07:20 PM
How the hell can the History Channel mess up things so obvious as to what mbr is used by which country??? I guess they don't know how to do anything other than 'reality shows' now. I got annoyed with the obvious chrome plated drill rifles being used in action sequences, and K98s being wielded by WWI German soldiers, but when the German Police were shooting at Hitler during the Beer Hall Putsch with ENFIELD rifles, not just one of them but ALL of them.. That was the last straw... I guess nobody knows anything about history over there any more...

Jimbo Slice
05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
I thought it was the "I was abducted by aliens while chasing bigfoot through the swamp with my axe that I bought from the pawnshop" network.

History? Hell man, that doesn't sell ads.

M1orNone
05-28-2014, 11:29 PM
I noticed it too. One that really stood out was the WW1 German MG crew single-shooting the MG-08. That, and the tanks. I wasn't aware that Patton used tanks made after WW1 during WW1, or that the U.S. fielded T-34/85's and M48's during WW2.$toilet$

All in all, it was about as historically-accurate and detailed as a Sportsman's Guide catalog. The bullshit flag flew at full mast the last three nights.

Prince Humperdink
05-28-2014, 11:46 PM
They actually did better tonight showing the invasion of normandy,all Garands,thompsons,1911A1's,and then it happened,I seen some drill rifles and even a freaking AK-47 fielded by germans.CRAP,and then when they showed Hitler's suicide,he swallowed a pill and shot himself with a P-38...and he was alone!

Old Guard
05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
After reading here about this show, i caught some of it last night..how about that guided missle cruiser for the japs ship....chrome rifles stood out, did they even have the sights..? Dunno, now going to see it again to pick it..apart..PT 109 showed up in clip about Mcarthur, at least it was in proper time period..They have not any one whom knows weapons..

timshufflin
05-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I just ignored all the nonsense, that no liberal director would understand, and enjoyed the show.

M1orNone
05-29-2014, 11:58 PM
I just ignored all the nonsense, that no liberal director would understand, and enjoyed the show.

It's become almost like a hobby for me, picking apart shows like that.:)

Schriv
05-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I have it on DVR and haven't watched it yet.
From the sound of it, I should just hit delete and save myself some time.

jbkf1003
05-31-2014, 08:54 PM
It's ok if you can get past that ineptness. It's better than watching house hunters with the wife... I wish they would have atleast mentioned RADAR during the Battle of Britain.

Jimbo Slice
05-31-2014, 09:41 PM
I just sat down and caught a few seconds of the Battle of Britain segment. They were showing late model P-51's, B-17's and FW-190's... none of which saw action during that time period. I mean why? There is plenty of period correct stock footage.

It's just buffoonery.