PDA

View Full Version : My G

Jgun
07-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Tim,
I finally made it to the range this week with my G for the first time. The rifle functioned perfectly, 100% reliable, loaded and fed every enbloc without trouble. These are (some) new enblocs I got from CMP. I was shooting the HXP only. I didn't shoot for groups, but found that the gun was right on with just a slight elevation adjustment to the irons. I was able to consistantly hit a 12" steel plate at 100yds. Those with me were telling me that it was the loudest gun they'd ever heard. It was (to me) noticably louder than the M14 type I was also shooting, but I like loud guns. I've got it equipped with the BM59E brake so that might be party of the reason. No one said anything about muzzle flash so that doesn't appear to be an issue. All in all, I couldn't be happier with it. Here's my question. I was shooting the Greek ammo, and as far as I know that's what you use to adjust the Schuster plug for function. I noticed that it has a decent amount of recoil. The recoil dosen't bother me and I'm eventually going to try making up some lighter loads for shooting in matches, but I just wanted to verify that, as delivered to me, my G should be Ok to run with the Greek without hurting the op rod?

timshufflin
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Tim,
I finally made it to the range this week with my G for the first time. The rifle functioned perfectly, 100% reliable, loaded and fed every enbloc without trouble. These are (some) new enblocs I got from CMP. I was shooting the HXP only. I didn't shoot for groups, but found that the gun was right on with just a slight elevation adjustment to the irons. I was able to consistantly hit a 12" steel plate at 100yds. Those with me were telling me that it was the loudest gun they'd ever heard. It was (to me) noticably louder than the M14 type I was also shooting, but I like loud guns. I've got it equipped with the BM59E brake so that might be party of the reason. No one said anything about muzzle flash so that doesn't appear to be an issue. All in all, I couldn't be happier with it. Here's my question. I was shooting the Greek ammo, and as far as I know that's what you use to adjust the Schuster plug for function. I noticed that it has a decent amount of recoil. The recoil dosen't bother me and I'm eventually going to try making up some lighter loads for shooting in matches, but I just wanted to verify that, as delivered to me, my G should be Ok to run with the Greek without hurting the op rod?

You can try backing out the Schuster gas jet to see if you can tame the recoil a little more. Back it but not so much you lose function. As delivered to you, it was test fired with HXP.