PDA

View Full Version : New Parkerizing care

Greg
07-29-2014, 02:48 PM
I got the call from Tim this morning that my Mini-G was ready to ship to my FFL. I know that New Parkerizing need lots of oil to saturate it so I was checking to see what you guys use. I have Manganese Parkerizing on the Mini G. I don't want to use any oil that is going to smoke when it gets hot. I did a search but nothing turned up in my search. I can't wait to get the Mini in my hands and get some range time with it.

jbkf1003
07-29-2014, 05:36 PM
I use CLP never had a problem.

LEAD POISON
07-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I like CLP on all my guns.

Greg
07-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Thank you guys for the reply's.

Tim,
I got my Mini-G today and I have to say that your reputation is upheld on this Mini-G. I knew that you did good work and I was not disappointed. I can't thank you enough. I was expecting to have to wait on the CMP to ship me a rifle and then your conversion. Having a rifle in less than a week was better that I ever expected. My birthday is next month so this is my early 45th birthday present to myself.
Thanks again,
Greg

9th Infantry Division
08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
I've been using CorrosionX for about a year now and I'm very happy with it. I switched over from CLP. That new park can take a lot of coats and still seem dry. I rubbed in some Mobil1 grease as well, park looks great, and so far no smoking issues, but the again I don't shoot a high volume of ammo at the range.