PDA

View Full Version : 300 Blackout upper

jcote
09-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Picked up a 300 Blackout carbine length upper for my AR today, and a Fab Defense GL Mag butt stock. Really liking Fab Defenses quality I guess Isreali Special Forces know what they're doing. It's gonna be nice to have two rounds on one platform, and uses all the same magazines as my 5.56. Only thing I don't really like is the rail on the gas block is about 1/4" lower than the one on the receiver. I hope I can adjust for elevation properly.

jbkf1003
09-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Did you get flip up sights for it? They make same plane sights for rails on the same plane and others with a taller front sight to account for this. If you use the correct sights you should have no problem.

jcote
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I did order some aluminum flip ups before I noticed the difference in height between rails. I just hope the elevation knob can take up the loss in height because I'm not a big fan of fully railed handguards. Guess I will see when it all comes in, thanks for the info. Think I got a pretty good deal it was $440 for the new complete upper just pin it on and go.

centurion20000
09-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Who made the upper? Been looking 300 BLK as a carbine version for 308 and I just don't like the M1 carbine.

jbkf1003
09-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Check out Hardened Arms. They are decent quality and inexpensive.

jcote
09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I purchased it off armslist no manufacturer info was given just what was included. Check out armslist under 300 blackout upper and go back a few days price says 440.

jcote
09-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Upper came in today and everything looks great and seems to function fine, I changed the gas block out for double railed one at the same height. Although not sure I made the correct chamber choice, turns out 300 Blackout is tough to find here and my state prohibits sellers from shipping ammo to my state. I did find a nice local shop who ordered it for me buy no ETA when its coming off backorder. Purchased a muzzle brake for it because flash hiders are illegal here, because I live in a state where stocks must be pinned and flash hiders are evil. Only trouble is I now have to get the brake pinned and welded by a gun smith, thank you Massachusetts. Can't wait to move to Washinton State where a man can run, or at least briskly walk free.

jbkf1003
09-26-2014, 07:08 AM
Reload it, the possibilities are endless. Brass is easy to find, places convert 5.56 to 300 for relatively cheap, and you can use almost any 30 cal projectile.

It's a lot cheaper too!

jcote
09-26-2014, 07:37 AM
Reload it, the possibilities are endless. Brass is easy to find, places convert 5.56 to 300 for relatively cheap, and you can use almost any 30 cal projectile.

It's a lot cheaper too!

I'll have to check that out my local shop just moved to a new building and around here the 300 Blackout is really hard to find. Got a decent price on my order though I bought 200 rounds for 150. So at .75 a round I think I did pretty well, not reloaded price well but livable.

jbkf1003
09-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Can you have ammo shipped to a FFL dealer and pick it up from him. I would think so, he has to get it from somewhere too.

We have a lot of similar BS in NY. I can't have ammo shipped to my house but I can buy it and have it shipped to my FFL and he can 'transfer' it to me.

Justin

jcote
09-26-2014, 04:45 PM
About the same thing here Justin the owner actually offered to do that but the other venders ammo was $8 more a box so I decided to wait. It's getting rediculous had to have pepper spray shipped to RI for my fiance who has a RI drivers license but is usually with me in MA. They have since changed the law but thought it was stupid to not alow a woman to protect herself without shelling out $100 and waiting a month to carry pepper spray. Joe