PDA

View Full Version : Mini G parkerizing

Cwm108
12-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Sent an email to Mr. Shufflin but haven't got an answer back. My question is, if I have my Garand converted to a Mini G, does he have to refinish the receiver? It has a nice green tint to it. Thanks in advance.

Orlando
12-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Mag fed ,yes he normally refinishes, if not mag fed I wouldnt think so. Its your rifle, nothing says it has to be refinished. I am sure he will do as you want

timshufflin
12-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Sir, I have no email regarding this subject. To clarify, was it an email or a PM through this forum? I don't even have a PM from inside this forum. I even checked my spam. Regardless, I'm sorry about that.

I get all manner of rifles sent to me for the Mini-G conversion and many are not so pretty. People still photograph those rifles though and post them on different sites. My company name is Shuff's Parkerizing and people would see these rifles very beat up stocks and rusty receivers and I had to think, people probably are generally thinking I did a terrible job parkerizing that rifle :( It kind of looked bad putting out a product where receivers were looking so NOT parkerized.

Send me another email, even forward your first, we can chat.

Cwm108
12-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I did it through your contact something like "contact Shuff" on the web site. I am sure I goofed up. Been meaning to call but usually to late by the time I get a chance.