PDA

View Full Version : New Boy Toy!

paid4c4
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I received a call from my favorite gun shop last night that a package from Kimber had arrived with my name on it. I had placed the order about 3 weeks ago right after shooting a friends Kimber Ultra CDP II, 1911 with laser and night sights. This is the best shooting 1911 I have personally ever shot. I also was able to shoot consistent with it. Boys and their toys.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/paid4c4/85f2a1f6.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/paid4c4/f24757c1.jpg
Bill

BRUTUS
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Is that an on/off switch on the lower right of the left grip panel?

paid4c4
07-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Jeff, yes it is an off/on switch. When in the down position the laser switch is receives power but the laser doesn't activate until you depress the safety with the grip of your hand. It really works well as far as having control to turn it off or on with just the pressure of your hand. The switch is to make sure it isn't accidentally turned on when stored.
Bill

BRUTUS
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
That's what I figured, but wasn't sure......interesting.....So much for custom grips, heh?:)

paid4c4
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
That's what I figured, but wasn't sure......interesting.....So much for custom grips, heh?:)
Lucky for me I like the stock grips.
Bill

paid4c4
07-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't you think that for the price of the Kimber CDP they could have supplied a spare magazine? I don't mean to sound cheap but.....
Bill

toolman
08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Very NICE!!

BRUTUS
08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't you think that for the price of the Kimber CDP they could have supplied a spare magazine? I don't mean to sound cheap but.....
Bill

Absolutely!!

I'm not a fan of Kimbers......they just strike me as "cheap"...no offense intended....like a poor man's Ruger......and I've had a .45 and the .17

themeowman
08-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Brutus
I have the Kimber tgt 2 eclipse & like it very much. All I know & those at the shops
I frequent feel they are very good & excellent value. You are the first I have heard
call it "cheap". What issues are you refering to? Any info helps us all.
Thanks
Tom

BRUTUS
08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
The slide doesn't/didn't have definitive sharp edge cuts for grasping.....they were almost rounded.........also, the metal used seemed to be like "pot metal"..........

paid4c4
08-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Jeff, you're right about the sharp definitive edges. The CDP's are purposely made that way which is why I ordered it. Smooth edges don't tend to catch on clothing when worn in a concealed carry situation. The regular Kimbers have all the sharp edges you could ever want. 1911 manufactures are plentiful and what I like you might not. Doesn't make one bad and one good just different. I have several Kimbers and love them, doesn't make them right for everyone. I chose Kimber for function and the fact I shot good groups with them.
The pot metal look is a special metal finish on this particular pistol.
Bill

BRUTUS
08-13-2011, 12:04 PM
I hope you don't think I was being critical of your pistol, Bill......I was just answering Tom's question about my previous experiences w/ my Kimbers....and the pistols I was referring to were more target pistols than "carry" pistols........

But you're right about one thing-there are more than enough manufacturers out there, and there's something for everybody's likes.........

MH53GUNNER
08-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Very nice.

I have a Kimber and love the pistol. Newer had any problems and it loves to eat all ammo fed.

paid4c4
08-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Jeff, no negatives taken about the new toy. Just good conversation about 1911's. There was a WWII Springfield 1911 at the Wilmington, Ohio gun show today. I know this is going to make you cry, some bozo had it chrome plated. I made an offer but the dealer wouldn't accept. He said some collector would pay the price and remove the chrome and make a nice pistol. Might be but as I pointed out the engraving would have to be freshened up as the same bozo had a buffing wheel to it. A sad story for a once proud warrior.
Bill

BRUTUS
08-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Jeff, no negatives taken about the new toy. Just good conversation about 1911's. There was a WWII Springfield 1911 at the Wilmington, Ohio gun show today. I know this is going to make you cry, some bozo had it chrome plated. I made an offer but the dealer wouldn't accept. He said some collector would pay the price and remove the chrome and make a nice pistol. Might be but as I pointed out the engraving would have to be freshened up as the same bozo had a buffing wheel to it. A sad story for a once proud warrior.
Bill

I hear more and more similar stories about the early SA 1911s........they only started w/ 30,000 or so, and when you hear about a chromed one here, and a destroyed one here, they start to add up......makes my two even MORE valuable......;)