PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis/Lambert airport parking

howie
08-03-2011, 11:29 PM
The wife is coming home form Cali tomorrow, flying in to St. Louis. I just looked at their website and they've got what they call a "cell phone" parking lot where you gotta stay with your wheels and wait until your people land and pick up their bags,then they call you and you pick them up curbside. I don't like it already. Any of you guys been through there lately?

BRUTUS
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Being in Parking, I'm curious, what don't you like?

If I'm not mistaken, Lambert is either Federal or Skidata...........

SKIDATA is trying to become a major player in "automating" the parking industry......(They are the new supplier to DFW, too)

Truth be told, they are widespread in Europe, and folks love 'em........

cuppednlocked
08-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Many airports I've been to have that. Usually the larger facilities. Saves gas, keeps you from driving around or paying for parking while you wait for your arrival.

howie
08-05-2011, 09:32 AM
My angst was for naught. They still have the regular parking for $2.50 an hour. Truth be told, i wasn't looking forward to sitting in my truck, on blacktop, in 90+ heat, waiting for a plane to land that might be late. Her plane was right on time (gotta love Southwest), and we were out of there within 15 minutes of her hitting the ground.

I'm not a fan of all this modern, automated "change is good" "we need to change just because" crap. I'm an old school guy. Let me park, and go pick up my wife and her stuff.

On a somewhat related note, stupid me walked into the airport with my knife in my pocket. Didn't even think about it....was too busy stashing my pistol and GPS.:mad:

cuppednlocked
08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I do like Southwest!

paid4c4
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
With Delta pretty much abandoning Greater Cincinnati/Northern KY Airport we're hoping to lure Southwest to start service here.
Bill