PDA

View Full Version : Sounds familiar, CMP cover up LOL

timshufflin
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=51615&page=3

This guy has what he says is a "rare HRA bolt". Some want this not discussed and others want the light of day on it. The whole thing reminds me of a certain "Number 2" incident at the North Store.

REHRIFLE
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
While I would contact CS first, I would certainly openly discuss the issue on the forum. For some posters to say nobody knows what happened so delete the thread, well the purchaser does know this: He bought a particular rifle with a particular bolt that was switched out prior to shipping. I find it interesting that the thread opened on the 9th and no one from CMP has yet to chim in. ... and Foggy at his best!

Orlando
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
What I want to know is "whats a rare HRA Bolt"

Orlando
08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=51615&page=3

The whole thing reminds me of a certain "Number 2" incident at the North Store.
Or Stu winning the Summer Postal Shoot :) Sorry, I couldnt help myself:)

Punch The Clown
08-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't know jack about HRA's and I'm curious about this priceless bolt? Is there such a thing or is it just a legend, like Nessie or Bigfoot?

paid4c4
08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
So we have the "rare HRA bolt incident", the "Number 2 incident" and the "Cherry Picking incident". Seems like a lot going on over at the ole CMP.
Bill

timshufflin
08-12-2011, 10:14 PM
The famous Krag incident will forever haunt Orlando though. Hell, it haunts me LOL.

Now, on the rare bolt, is there a hart bolt like a hart HRA trigger housing?

wgandy
08-12-2011, 11:28 PM
What I want to know is "whats a rare HRA Bolt"

My guess is that it is a HRA bolt marked with U.W.

According to one of my reference books:
D6528287 HRA
.U.
found on serial number ranges 4.66M to end of production

6528287 HRA
.U.
found on serial number ranges 4.74M to end of production

6528287 H.R.A.
U.W.
found on serial number range 5.6M thru 5.7M
This source says the U.W. stands for Universal Windings of Rhode Island

IF my reference book is right then this would make the bolt less used than the other two.

cuppednlocked
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm afraid to ask, but since this is not the war room I feel safe, but what is the #2 incident?

Schriv
08-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I've been following that thread with some amusement. The CMP drones are grovelling on their knees for it to be locked/banished etc. before it tarnishes the god-like image they have of the organization.
But I think he guy has a legit beef. I've never been to either store (800+ miles) so I don't get the part about hand picking them and then shipping them home rather than carrying them out the door with him. BUT, I know damn well that I would be able to tell if I had personally hand picked an HRA and an SA and two SA's showed up. And I would be pissed. Especially since he planned on swapping them to make both more correct. And went to the trouble of getting contact info for obtaining another bolt. That doesn't sound like somebody that would look at one rifle and buy another.
Why the CMP goes out of it's way to deliberatly mix bolts and op-rods up when they put them back together makes no sense, but I've got a couple that were the same way. 5 minutes on the bench and they were both as they were meant to be. Maybe that is the plan. Get us all to but more to swap the parts back around. :0)

REHRIFLE
08-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Hand picking and shipping them home. Why?

My understanding is sales tax is charged if you carry out the door. Shipping costs are less than sale tax, so some choose to ship to save dollars by shipping.

Schriv
08-13-2011, 11:10 AM
That kinda makes sense. But I'm more of a positive chain of custody kinda guy.
I guess he's wishing he had sucked it up and just paid the sales tax now.

Punch The Clown
08-13-2011, 11:36 AM
This is a very serious matter, and everyone is this reum is under the suspicions. A beekeeper who has lost his voice, a cook who thinks he's a gardiner, and a missing bilt! Oh, yes. It is obvious to my trained eye, that there is much more going on here than meets the ear. Yes, but if Orest is what we suspect, he probably has an army of the CMP Loyals behind him. Of course it won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded!

Schriv
08-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Yes...eet is a meestery. The case of the meesing biilt!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7nL2KoO0d0A/ThAoOqLmn6I/AAAAAAAAAEI/QCWvw-Xtyf4/s1600/peter+sellers+inspector+clouseau+pink+panther.jpg

seaninmich
08-13-2011, 01:22 PM
SEANinMICH
CMP Customer

I know where your bolt is. The guy that somehow got tickets #1 and #2 on a roll that started with #3 during a certain North Store carbine release has your bolt.

You can, of course, make a declaration of "shenanigans". You will, of course, be ignored.

Good luck!

paid4c4
08-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't know about the bolt but I would like to find a MILF!
Bill

Prince Humperdink
08-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know about the bolt but I would like to find a MILF!
Bill

At Your age it should be GMILF(GRANDmother I Would Like To F**k)...;)

timshufflin
08-13-2011, 04:45 PM
The famous number 2 incident will forever go down in history. For those who don't know what that is, there's about 20 or so of us that experienced it first hand. We stood in line for hour upon hour to have tickets handed out to us for the store opening. The ticket roll started at #3. We know that absolutely to be true because we commented on it when we received our tickets. We didn't imagine it, we didn't dream it, we weren't mistaken, we know this to be true as sure as night follows day.

Despite this, Having a ticket of #3 was not enough to get into the NS first on the day of the carbine sale in question. Even though the roll started with the ticket of #3, some sub-human had a ticket numbered 2! How could this have happened?

musketjon
08-13-2011, 06:34 PM
My guess was gonna' be the UW marked bolt as well as Wayne.
Jon

sandsnow
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
almost all of us have a CMP rip off story to some extent of some sort.

Mine was the drop in price of M1D after the first batch in 2007

herrmann
08-14-2011, 11:09 AM
almost all of us have a CMP rip off story to some extent of some sort.

Mine was the drop in price of M1D after the first batch in 2007

Same here.

paid4c4
08-14-2011, 11:54 AM
At Your age it should be GMILF(GRANDmother I Would Like To F**k)...;)
Hump, now that hurts. True but hurts. But have you noticed some of those Grandma's! Some of them ain't your old granny's anymore. I really am getting older.
Bill

Prince Humperdink
08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Hump, now that hurts. True but hurts. But have you noticed some of those Grandma's! Some of them ain't your old granny's anymore. I really am getting older.
Bill

I only say with love.I have seen some Grandmas in Their 30's in this day and age,and WOW!

Cal30M1
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I know many GILFS and a few GGILFS!

As for the bolt. Wouldn't surprise me that someone switched it but it does seem a bit weird for it to be just an uncommon bolt and not an ultra rare bolt.

The world may never know the truth.

MH53GUNNER
08-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I noticed the post and replied. What BS.

canes7
08-16-2011, 08:57 AM
The CMP definately has it's favorites. SS, NS or mail order, does not seem to matter. I know I'm not on their list of fav's!

cwcdl79
08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
timmy, would the #2 incident be the first batch of carbines, inlands?

timshufflin
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
The #2 incident may have had inlands but the big prize was the Saginaw S'G'

Colter44
08-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I am pretty sure the Number 2 incident was the most blatently obvious CMP shenanigans I have ever seen.

seaninmich
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
the #2 incident was at the North Store Saginaw and S'G' release.

seaninmich
08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
There are crooks, liars, and cheats just about everywhere you look. Anyone that thinks the CMP is the exception is a fool

Colter44
08-26-2011, 08:36 AM
+1

There seems to be an abundance of people willing to believe that the CMP is in some way above this.

Roadkingtrax
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I felt sorry for the guy, and tried to warn him early on.

Guess I'm crazy, my opinion is to trust what he says first...it was the specific reason he purchased it to begin with. I've heard enough from other people that shady dealings are rampant.

Information in advance of what will be in stock etc...they certainly reward their biggest spenders.

rlelvis
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
So this would not be a good time or place to mention that I have had the offer to swap parts between, of all things, RG Garands at the NS? Yes, a voice from behind the counter said "wouldn't the stock (or other parts) from the one you returned to the rack be better on this one? Go grab it and let me see what we can do".
Not the same but not different either. And if you are wondering, NO I did not, sure was tempting though.

Not calling shenanigans just throwing it out there.

timshufflin
08-29-2011, 09:41 PM
So this would not be a good time or place to mention that I have had the offer to swap parts between, of all things, RG Garands at the NS? Yes, a voice from behind the counter said "wouldn't the stock (or other parts) from the one you returned to the rack be better on this one? Go grab it and let me see what we can do".
Not the same but not different either. And if you are wondering, NO I did not, sure was tempting though.

Not calling shenanigans just throwing it out there.

I've heard this from others before as well.