Thread: removing the painted rack number from a stock

removing the painted rack number from a stock

the m1 im trading for has a awesome dark walnut stock on it but it has a rack number painted on the rt but area in white paint, whats the easiest way to get it off without having to strip the stock?patina looks awesome as is might have to leave it..

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I've used acetone and a toothbrush,but if I remember right,it always needed touch up to match again.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I dont think there is anything you can do that wont take the original finish with it. Like Hump said you might be able to touch it up.
    I have one with painted numbers and I just left them on, kinda like it
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    I have done the acetone method and a small paint brush. PH is right, it does a reat job, but you will probably have to touch it up a bit.