Thread: A1 Upper on my porch today!

A1 Upper on my porch today!

Ohio Ordnance Works had these on sale for $244 last week and I got one of the last on Friday. Showed up today.

Some guys were getting Colt uppers and or barrels. I got a FNMI chrome bore barrel and I don't know who made the upper yet. No proofs and no forge code. Rebated front lug.

Great bargain for the bucks!

Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Patriot
    Brian, have you ever talked with Frances at the Bradenton gun show. He has alot of parts for the ars. , What is the plan with this one? You already built the retro , right. Nice.

I have a early 80's SP1 carbine. This one is going to be a VN era XM16E1/603 Model Retro Black Rifle

I have a Colt 603 receiver but it's pitted and needs to be re-anodized. I may forgo the authenticity for ease of completion.

All I needs now is the Bolt Group, Partial Fence Lower from NoDak, Lower Parts Kit from DPMS, Naval Jelly to make the DPMS parts gray, Type D Stock Group.

All told around $650 for a M16A1 clone.

I'll still have a spare upper receiver and a pencil barrel so I'll have to build another one eventually. Thinking a 605 Carbine with it.

I'll check for Francis the next show, I think he was the guy right inside the door and to the left last show? Whoever was there has a nice early Colt upper for cheap but I was broke. I think he wanted $250 for it AND it had the Type D Stock and A1 pistol grip!
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme