Thread: Ever wonder where Your stock has been?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Ever wonder where Your stock has been?

Is was just thinking about the WRA stock I finished last week,and wondering where it may have been.It was the FAT converted stock that I brought back to full size,so I know it was in Italy,but where before that.The area under the buttplate was full of sand,I mean that sand was mixed w/OLD grease and was a paste that had long since Dried.Where did that sand come from?Possibly some south pacific Beach,France,Germany,or even Japan?Have any of You ever found foreign substances,or objects on/in Your buttstocks?
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

No, I never found anything in any of my garands, carbines or 03"s. I always figured the stocks that had a lot of dings and gouges were the rifles that saw action.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112