Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping a Rifle USPS

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Not according to the USPS. When I had my blow out with that bitch last year and had to file complaints with the USPS, I was told that I DO have to disclose to the post office that it is a firearm as I am required to prove that it is not loaded and there is no ammunition in the box with the firearm.

Hey Sean, they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    They don't want the box marked, but you have to tell them what it is when you drop it off. Trust me, I went round and round with this for weeks with the USPS

I would like to see the postal rule that says I must tell them what is in the box. I haven't been able to find it yet.

My fear is that if I dont tell them whats in the box and it comes up missing or damaged and I have to file a Insurance claim and I dont tell them its a firearm they wont pay up. I'm also screwed if I tell them its a firearm and some uneducated clerk freaks out and trys to tell me I cant ship a firearm and I have to go through all the BS to teach her how to do her job.
    I to havent been able to find anything in the regs
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

If the guy is in Ohio, you might just want to arrange a "meet in the middle FTF" kinda deal.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    If the guy is in Ohio, you might just want to arrange a "meet in the middle FTF" kinda deal.
    If he's from Ohio he might be a gypsy and steal the rifle from Orlando, or in the least put a curse on him.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Na, I would choot em
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Orlando, you're being paranoid bro. I have filed insurance claims with the USPS before only to have them denied because they said you couldn't even ship firearms in the mail. NOTHING was said about telling anyone there was a gun in the box. I than told them that they needed to pay immediately and pointed out their rules saying I could ship a firearm. Payment was sent within 4 business days. If you don't tell someone you're shipping a lamp and it's broken you think you can't file a claim because you didn't tell anyone it was a lamp? PEOPLE, STOP the silliness.

Alright Timmy, I'll man up

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Alright Timmy, I'll man up

Praise baby Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Praise baby Jesus.
    Why do you always Praise Baby Jesus? Why don't you ever Praise Grown-Up Jesus? What are you, , Ricky Bobby?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau