Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping a Rifle USPS

Okay, praise grown up hippie Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I would like to see the postal rule that says I must tell them what is in the box. I haven't been able to find it yet.

"...The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the gun is unloaded and not precluded by 11.1.1e."

In order to have to do this, the mailer would obviously have first had to divulge that it was a firearm

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    "...The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the gun is unloaded and not precluded by 11.1.1e."

In order to have to do this, the mailer would obviously have first had to divulge that it was a firearm

Uh, no. That is a giant leap. Show me a rule that says the post office must be told it is a firearm.

Patriot

Doesn't this only apply to pistols and other concealable firearms which would exclude rifles?

IRS link::::
    http://www.cgwgun.com/shipping/usps.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by REHRIFLE View Post
    Doesn't this only apply to pistols and other concealable firearms which would exclude rifles?

IRS link::::
    http://www.cgwgun.com/shipping/usps.aspx

no sir. 11.3 - rifles and shotguns

11.3 Rifles and Shotguns

Although unloaded rifles and shotguns not precluded by 11.1.1e and 11.1.2 are mailable, mailers must comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618, 18 USC 921, et seq., and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, 27 CFR 178, as well as state and local laws. The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the gun is unloaded and not precluded by 11.1.1e.

So not only do you have to prove it's not loaded, you have to open it up and prove it's not a pistol or short barreled rifle or shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Why do you always Praise Baby Jesus? Why don't you ever Praise Grown-Up Jesus? What are you, , Ricky Bobby?
    I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
    -you know the movie
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

11.3 Rifles and Shotguns

Although unloaded rifles and shotguns not precluded by 11.1.1e and 11.1.2 are mailable, mailers must comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618, 18 USC 921, et seq., and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, 27 CFR 178, as well as state and local laws. The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the gun is unloaded and not precluded by 11.1.1e.

So not only do you have to prove it's not loaded, you have to open it up and prove it's not a pistol or short barreled rifle or shotgun

Sean, what I'm trying to get through your head is that NONE of this stuff matters UNLESS they ask you if it's a gun. The standard question IS "is this anything hazardous, dangerous, or blah blah blah" The answer is NOOOOOOooooooooo!

Unless they ask you if the package is a gun, you don't tell them bro. If they do ask, you say yes, they then can check it out, you then let them and mail the thinbg anyways. NONE of this crap matters.