Thread: Membership cards proof of membership

Membership cards proof of membership

I have been looking into the issuance of membership cards as the sole identifier of M1CC membership.

Many members have misplaced their cards and do not know when their membership expires. Often I get calls from the CMP indicating that a member’s membership has lapsed. I then contact the member and take the new application on the telephone and the member mails me a check.

Just so everyone knows that the club sends the CMP updated membership list to the CMP every two weeks or sooner depending on the number of new members.

My questions are:

1. Would you like to receive an email or post card reminding you that your membership will expire?
    2. Would you prefer a letter that can be submitted to the CMP in lieu of a card?
    3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 04-26-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Charlie,
    I like having My card,as I would never remember My Number.A "gentle"E-mail reminder would be the best route I would think.No sense in wasting funds on Paper although it would be more work for You.Whatever You decide, it will be the best option I am sure.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

+1 what Judge Humper said.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

+1 on the above.
    Jon

Yep reminder and the card to present. Would probably file the letter and forget where it was.
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt

I would prefer an email as a reminder. You can also email the membership card to us after the dues are paid.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I am working on a PDF form that can be emailed to members. This PDF will allow you to cut out the membership card if you perfer. Remember the CMP is informed as to your membership via a spread sheet sent to Mrs. Michales.

It would be great to conduct all of the business electronically, but there are some members who have no email and many others that seem to have no printer.

A post card will be sent out reminding members about the expiration.

I am also looking into membership software that will sent out notifications at the touch of a button.
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 06-15-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Email is the best for me too. I try to do most everything online. It is much more convient.
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt