Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMP M1D's - BOGUS?

That old Kid Shelleen killed that thread dead. He's almost as clever as Punch.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

People don't want to know the truth over there.

WHERE GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, EVIL DARES NOT TREAD. Mark Muller

So it's official.......http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....805#post439805

See OP post at #42, my post is #44.

Frickin CMP. Just de-valued all their M1D's.

I doubt I would ever sell mine, but my wife will one day when I'm dead. I'd like to think she would get some nice cash for it to have me incinerated and take the pool boy to Vegas.

LMAO, there is not one thing "official" about a CMP rifle except that the parts come from USGI or foreign manufacturers. Ooops, I forgot, reproduction (yes, let the dogs of war howl) stock metal.

The CMP could give a rats fat ass about provenance or originality. There are 2 things O cares about:

1. Revenue, it is the main mission. Money supports their shooting programs.
    2. Inventory reduction. O has publicy stated that he cannot wait until the last Garand is sold and they can close down the sales part of the CMP. I think he is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and is starting to run towards it.
    !

I hate the repro stock metal. Some even doubt that it is repro...

To paraphrase two recognized experts - Duff and Canfield - CMP provenance is a sure bet for a genuine M1D.

Not anymore.

Listen, the CMP is fine. I picked up 2 decent rifles from them. My nicest rifles were private sales. People just make too much out of the CMP. They're almost cult like in their devotion, and they won't let the facts get in the way. That American Rifleman show last year showing piles of parts being assembled into rifles shook the faith for a brief moment. O told them everything was alright and they forgot about what they saw. I heard there's a new town called Otown in Guyana.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    per Orest: 4) our certificate is not meant to imply that the rifles are original as they came from the factory - only that we sold the rifle, what model it was when sold, and to whom we sold it. We have never stated otherwise. This applies to all the rifles we sell - not just M1Ds.

=====
    The receiver is the rifle and many of the rifles they get from the Army are just that, receivers. They are then assembled by the CMP into functional rifles to be sold. This is no secret and has been known for some time.
    As to the CMP certificate, many believe that it lends credence to the validity of the rifle when resold as being a “straight from the Army/cmp” weapon with no repro parts etc. But it cannot be used as provenance for the entire rifle, just the receiver.