Thread: CMP Stocks

CMP Stocks

I love shooting my NPM, but I have an original NPM stock with very faint cartouches and I'm afraid I'm going to obliterate them by handling it as much as I do.

Has anyone purchased the stock set from CMP?

Or is there somewhere else you would suggest. I'm always on the lookout for something USGI, but the prices can be pretty outrageous.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Perhaps one of the things that Doug still puts up in eBay or GB for sale from time to time? Maybe you'd be interested in a I have nice birch "FAT" marked Italian stock from a SG Inland you can put it in for range trips, I can let it go cheap. Has recoil plate, too.
    send email if interested
    That all said, I have had good experiences with the CMP wood for the Garand, I couldn't imagine the Carbine wood would be any different?

A year or two ago I got a neat one from "Collector Source" which was a post-war unused one marked "MR" for Mount Ranier, maybe you can find something like that, that will still be USGI, but not beyond being used?
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Mike B
    "When it's time to shoot, SHOOT, don't talk!" -- Tuco

Check this out you might like this.
    https://www.dupagetrading.com/handyman-page.html
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Lead - I've seen that, but didn't know how much work they might need.

Still, I've heard good things, even from the handyman section, so I might order 1 or 2.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Dude on the cmp had a bunch of USGI stocks, so I picked up 2 walnut stocks for $100 shipped. I might just clean them up a little or if they're really grimy, give one of them the whole stripping treatment. I have a method that works really well, but it's a family secret.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Howdy,

New old guy, I have been gone since the forum change.

I have a CMP carbine stock. It is nice but the front end is a bit small and my front band, when tightened down, is still loose.

Band is tight with GI stock.
    Last edited by Francis; 02-08-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: edit

My CMP carbine stock was primo in every way.

Dan

I bought a CMP stock; stock good, handguard fit stinks. Last time I checked Fulton Armory had a boatload of M2 birch stocks, cheap. Don't know where to get birch handguards.

Junior Cadet
    Has anyone ordered a used stock from Fulton armory? I am looking for one for a Plainfield carbine I just picked up. I wanted to get new furniture for it and then send it in to Shuff to get the metal parts redone.

Cadet
    I ordered a CMP stock for both my Garand and my Carbine, they finally cam in on 06/18/2013 (ordered on 03/24/2013). Upon unwrapping them, I have to say they are without a doubt absolutley gorgeous. The deepest dark walnut with nice figuring. The hardware's zinc phosphate exactly matches the job I did on my misc Garand parts. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. But the arrival of my stock did prompt me to send my barreled action and trigger group in to Shuff. Getting a new criterion barrel, action zinc parked and a trigger job. Can't wait to shoot this in a service rifle match.