Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please help;What to engrave on left side of 1911 build?

Please help;What to engrave on left side of 1911 build?

I was planning on having 1911-2011 engraved on the right side of the slide with eagles on both sides at the very end of the slide. Now what to put on the left side? I've thought of "American Classic", "In God We Trust", which I really don't like. I need help here guys so what's your thoughts?
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    oops,nevernind
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

LP thank you for the idea. For those of you not familiar to the phrase: “ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ” (or in latin script “Molon labe”) means “Come and take them!”. It is what the Spartans reportedly said to the Persians when they were told to surrender their weapons. It's what I'm going to tell the Obama police when they come for my weapons. All things considered not a bad slogan.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

So far your ideas sound like obamas. How about engraving something like "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I was thinking "Suck on this!". But a good "Go F Yourself Obama" would be cool too. Maybe the Molon Labe thing below?
    !

Wait for flash

Seriously, I'm not a huge fan of engraving a lot of stuff, but it should be something classy and a little mysterious.

I personally like Donald Sutherland's engraving on the 1911 he used in "The Mechanic" that said "Amat Victoria Curam" which is latin for "Victory loves preparation."

I'm getting a tatoo when I get home of what Russell Crowe said in Gladiator, "What we do in life echoes in eternity" with a little Marine Corps flair.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    So far your ideas sound like obamas. How about engraving something like "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    I like it....
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

"Fear no evil"
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    This.

Did you get a package from me?