Thread: 1903 Back on Track

Patriot

1903 Back on Track

My computer has been down for some time so I have not been able to post progress on the drill rifle. First thing about it was , I was amazed at the way it looked! The weld on the cutoff required one little cut from my Dremel and a tap with a brass punch as most of the weld had cracked. Took it to my friends shop to pull barrel. While talking to him he had put the barrel in the vice and the wrench on the action and the barrel came right off. While he and my grandson were chatting about a Garand he was working on (GS) I dressed up the welded area and when done he pops up with a decent barrel and screws it in. I had a bolt with me and Head space was spot on! Bought a Stock from Northridge and again was suprised at what I got. Ad said lightly sanded and no markings.Darn thing has more markings than A long term sailor has Tatoos. It should all be together by the end of the week! More to follow with pics I hope
    Mix

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Very nice,can't wait to see those pics My Friend!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

yes please post pictures...