Thread: New zombie gun

New zombie gun

Little bro emailed me a link on a good deal on a Saiga .410 for $299 so I snatched one up.

It was at JGSales. They sold out in about a day.

I don't want to do anything crazy, but I'll relocate the trigger group and put the AK pistol grip on it. I'm thinking of a scope rail and some sort of red dot, but I don't have any experience with them other than my ACOG.

Does anyone have good or bad things to say about a relatively inexpensive red dot sight for the top? I'm looking at home defense mostly, 25 to 50 yards.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Founding Member
    Josh,

A good friend has a Primary Arms red dot (knock off Aimpoint micro). It's on his 3.5" turkey gun and has held up. The company says it's good for 12ga. For less than $100 I would buy one if I was in the market.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...se_p/md-06.htm

Does he have issues with the 3 MOA dot?

I've read that the smaller MOA dots don't work well for up close target aquisition. A few articles recommended a 7-9 MOA dot for 50 yd stuff.

I do like the way it looks though. I was also looking at a bushnell that is supposed to have pretty good battery life and optics.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Founding Member
    No issues that I know of. I have a Burris speed dot on my turkey gun. It has a 3MOA dot. I was worried about such a small dot but have had ZERO issues in hunting situations. I think it actually helps to have a small dot for accuracy. When I've used my aimpoint comp ml3 at longer distances it helps because the dot isn't so big to cover the entire target.

Quote Originally Posted by redheep View Post
    Little bro emailed me a link on a good deal on a Saiga .410 for $299 so I snatched one up.

It was at JGSales. They sold out in about a day.

I don't want to do anything crazy, but I'll relocate the trigger group and put the AK pistol grip on it. I'm thinking of a scope rail and some sort of red dot, but I don't have any experience with them other than my ACOG.

Does anyone have good or bad things to say about a relatively inexpensive red dot sight for the top? I'm looking at home defense mostly, 25 to 50 yards.
    What do you plan on shooting through it slugs or buckshot? Really with a .410 you are gonna need to be pretty close range to put down the walking dead. I wouldnt worry about a red dot, just point and shoot
    Last edited by Orlando; 10-10-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"