Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just off the phone with Tim

VitSports6

Just off the phone with Tim

Shortly ago, It was nice to chat about my Garand and the possible mistake I made in purchasing it.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to call about your concerns about said M1 and that you are willing to work with me on it.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how things went with the testing today, Feel free to post up here or call again, If you wish, Maybe others can learn from some mistakes that were made
    Thanks
    Brian

Dear sir, I don't know that you made a mistake for 100% certain. The opinion I gave is just that, my opinion from seeing a few receivers that appeared as yours did. By the way, test firing with HXP went fine with no failures. It was indeed my pleasure to chat with you. Oh, will ship today after lunch.

VitSports6
    Excellent!
    Thank you.

details? what was wrong with your rifle?

VitSports6
    Tim asked if it had ever been in a fire, I really couldn't answer that question, AFAIK it had not, He questioned about nit due to some plactic pieces dripping off the receiver, I did mention to him that I used an autobody rust inhibitor to knock out some rust, The rifle was a used by the Chinese at one point, the PO or someone managed to grind off a symbol on the LH side of the receiver, The barrel was badly pitted and looked like crap.
    So Tims concerns were weather it would be a usable rifle or just a wall hanger due to the possability of a fire.
    I did forget to mention that I did have the rifle completely a part other than removing the barrel, I ran most of the items through our ultrasonic to clean them up, I never noticed any plastic, That is why I think it was the rust inhibitor that was falling off.
    here is my CMP post, If that is OK for a newb to link other sites?!?...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=53850

Its a tad long winded with lots of pic's, I like pic's

VitSports6
    I should also mention, We have nice soft brass wire wheels here at work that do a hell of a job on metal without maring the surface, If you see me asking about whire wheeling anything

Looking at your photos the only area that looked like it did when I got it was the legs. Didn't see much detail for photos of collar and inside. Back to dinner

So, soon we will find out if Tim turned the old whore into a prom queen. Pics please.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

VitSports6
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    So, soon we will find out if Tim turned the old whore into a prom queen. Pics please.
    Indeed! Like I mentioned, I like pic's

Founding Member
    Waiting for pics!! peace toolman