Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on edged weapons?

opinions on edged weapons?

http://www.reactgear.com/KA-BAR-ZK-Z...m_campaign=ZKN

As much as firearms like the Mini-G and Mini-G Zombie edition will be essential to survival during the zombie apocalypse, I think there is a very large need for edged weapons.

After seeing what's his face chooping parts off in Book Of Eli and seeing the church seen on last night's episode of Walking Dead, I have no doubt that I need to have something.

I was leaning toward something in the samurai sword family, you know, because samurai are sweet.

Any other or better suggestions?

DISCLAIMER - if they are the ultra fast movers, any confrontation that brings them within edged combat range is not likely to end well for you.

I'm not all that keen on using any edged weaponry that will put me close enough to a zombie to get any 'splashback' or blood splatter on me!!
    But if you just have to do it..I'm thinking a Katana is definitely the way to go. Or a good pike!!
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

depends on how the virus is carried/transmitted. Remember 28 days later? you get some of that blood in your mouth, nose, eye, etc and YOU ARE FUBAR!

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    depends on how the virus is carried/transmitted. Remember 28 days later? you get some of that blood in your mouth, nose, eye, etc and YOU ARE FUBAR!
    I was thinking about that during last nights Walking Dead episode when the kid found that whole stash of edged weapons. I guess my logic would be that I'd like to have one as a backup for those annoying times when ammo runs out, as long as it's not too heavy or gets in the way of well placed headshots.
    !

I believe that the trusty machete is the recommended blade for this type of duty.

Sharpened to a keen edge it will take a head clean off shoulders with minimum effort.

Haitians have used them to great effect as well as the Tutsi's and the Hutu's and even our mexican friends from down south have been known to open up a can of whoop a$$ with the lowly machete.

It is lightweight and flexible. Knife blades tend to be heavier more rigid and brittle even.

Agree that ultra fast movers would make the use of a blade futile.

Best to use rule # 1 of Zombie survival. Cardio! Run MoFo!

Ultra fast movers will never get winded so your only hope is to try to get some distance between you and then use firearms to take him out.

Either that or assume the fetal position and kiss your a$$ goodbye.
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Gotta go with Cal on the machete, somewhat compact, yet long enough for arms length cranial aeration.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal30M1 View Post
    Either that or assume the fetal position and kiss your a$$ goodbye.
    Thats my plan of action
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

The machete is what was recommended in the Zombie Survival Guide my son has/had. He can't find it now.

Whatsamatter Orlando? Don't wanna die tired?
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Well this is what I would use!!!!!

Mike

brescia.jpg
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

+1 on the machete. They're cheap. I like my Ka Bar for the close-in stuff.....you know, the stealthy, bury-my-blade-into-the-back-of-your-head-from-behind move, like the freeway scene on Walking Dead. What might be really cool is a circular saw blade mounted on the end of a weed eater. You'd probably have to be wearing a wet suit to avoid the gore splatter, but I'm thinking you could really rack up a lot of zombie kills quick.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"