Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on edged weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal30M1 View Post
    The machete is what was recommended in the Zombie Survival Guide my son has/had. He can't find it now.
    My Daughter just bought me a Zombie tee shirt. #1 is cut off their head, #2 is never split up and #3 is don't use fire? I'm confused. Have things changed since Zombieland?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Go here to download the original Max Brooks book.

http://ia700500.us.archive.org/8/ite...Distributable/

Go here to download the reader.

http://www.microsoft.com/reader/downloads/pc.aspx

Many movies since this book have changed the rules of engagement and method of reanimation etc. So much so that it is hard to know exactly what the Zombie Apocalypse will look like.

I think of this as the definitive Zombie book but there may be newer strains of Zombie Viruses besides the Solanum virus.

CB radios will be imperative to spread facts about the nature of the infection.

Of course many lives will be lost listening to bad intel so only take advise from known and trusted sources.

Head shots seem to be universal regardless of the virus type.
    Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

And my wife thought I was nuts for putting a CB in my truck. Well, actually, my wife thinks I'm nuts for lots of reasons, but that's one of them.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

People still use CB's? Got a bunch of 'em in the garage.
    Made the move over to Amateur years ago.
    Guess I'm covered as far as communication goes.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

I've been trained to use a bayonet, so I'm sticking with that. When the bullets run out, it will be slashes and buttstrokes.

Everybody wants to get a sword and be a pirate, arrrrgh
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Cadet
    What was the blade the sherrif charged the zombie at the church in "Walkind Dead" last sunday, that looked like it would do a nice job. I'd love to have a big Busse knife but not on this budget, least wise not until my gunlist is filled.

I already have a sword and train other people in it's use. I however have never wanted to be a pirate. I have no bayonet training( USAF vet ) but I do have Medieval spear traing so I guess That will work for the stand off weapon....

Quote Originally Posted by redheep View Post
    I've been trained to use a bayonet, so I'm sticking with that. When the bullets run out, it will be slashes and buttstrokes.

Everybody wants to get a sword and be a pirate, arrrrgh
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Patriot
    as long as i dont go thru about 35k rds of rifle and pistol of various calibers i wont need to fall back on a machete,

Junior Cadet

Zombie Dicer

Check out the Down Under Knives Outback Bowie. They also make high quality throwing knives. The bowie has an 11 inch blade, and is an almost identical copy of the Crocodile Dundee knife. Razer sharp out of the box. Be sure to look at the video clips linked by the knives... http://www.downunderknives.com/ . Be sure to Google the knife, as prices vary widely. You can get the bowie on Amazon for around 183 bucks, much less than the company's price.
    Last edited by loboft; 12-06-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Sean, I like the survival Randall Made Knife attached to their 6ft stainless steel walking stick. Gives you a razor sharp blade with 6 feet of room between you and the Zombies. http://www.randallknives.com/
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.