Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: opinions on edged weapons?

War Room Ready
    You are running out of time, buy ammo now. My training has always been if you end up close enough to use a knife, you screwed up somewhere. I know stuff happens, but buy as much ammo as you can, and find some friends that have more than you do. If all else fails, I don't think the kind of knife matters, as long as you know how to use what you have.

Patriot
    I'm gonna go with the machete here. It's strong and can be used to slash brush and cut firewood. Seems to do the job nicely on the Walking Dead.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that the Doc's daughter was hot?

War Room Ready
    She was the only chick on the show that was hot.

Banned
    Piano wire. Make a garrote with it. Get somebody around with the neck, pull tight and their head comes off like slicing thru cheese. That is how my Dad was trained in the Army back in the late sixties when it was still hard. They swore by it, he told me.

Eric

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuggedTerrain40 View Post
    Piano wire. Make a garrote with it. Get somebody around with the neck, pull tight and their head comes off like slicing thru cheese. That is how my Dad was trained in the Army back in the late sixties when it was still hard. They swore by it, he told me.

Eric
    Yup, piano wire is listed in all the Field Manuals. I just can never remember what length was issued.

Cadet
    I'm chiming in on the girl, she was hot. As for edged weapons, I say the bigger the better.

Junior Cadet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLOQoVBOqA I own this, and it would be my choice. But like it has been said earlier, if they are close enough to cut or slash, they are close enough to shoot in the ear.... In my 20 years in the Army, we did not expect to use a blade until we ran outta bullets. You don't have to run fast, you just have to be faster than the guy next to you.

Is a chainsaw considered an "edged weapon"?
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    Is a chainsaw considered an "edged weapon"?
    Probably in California...

I think I would keep a machete strapped to me, but it would be my last resort, out of ammo, weapon.