Thread: Whats a argentina colt 1927 45acp worth?

Patriot

Whats a argentina colt 1927 45acp worth?

Ive got a chance to buy a 65k serial # which would make it my birth year of 51 sisterna 1927 /45acp, it is all matching numbers original matte/smooth black blue finish , seems with the possible exceptionof the grips/colt with a rampant pony medallion/ to be all original id rate it at 95% not my normal govt property marked 1911 but i can pick it up for 750$ that seem fair?

Dep
    I really dont know that much about these but I thought they were more in the $450.00- $500.00 range?? Did you check Gunbroker etc completed auctions and see what they are selling for?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I passed on one last month at the Wilmington gun show for $450 which was in good condition. If I had it to do over I would have bought it but I see them often in the 400-500 dollar range in good condition.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Patriot
    the ones on GB all seem to be asking around what im looking at, they arent selling but the one ive seen in person and inspected looks much better shape than the ones for bid,,when a clone/modern/ costs 400$ and up it seems to be maybe a decent buy for one made on colt machinery to their standards, im thinking im gonna grab it, may be a short term loss on it but hopefully they will gain some following and maybe gain some value

Mike, one thing I've noticed in my 40 some years of gun collecting;I've never lost money on anything with the name Colt on it!
    Good luck with your purchase, pictures please.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Original finish ought to be pre-war style Colt deep dark bluing. Here's 48484, bought in the 90s for either $215 or $315 - I don't remember which.

Eli

Patriot
    Deputy 85
    The really pricey one is a "COLT" it is all marked and serial numbered as a Colt, but it will have the Argentina crest on the slide and is known as the model 27.Kind of a transition from the 1911 and the 1911A1 Parts will be from both models. The one marked on the slide with FMAP is made with Colt tooling but will not have the colt markings also the serial number will appear fancier than that used by Colt. A really clean mod 27 will run around the $700.00 figure. Most I have seen are re finished and are not that good (finish) For some reason the metal of the barrel does not appear to be up to the standards of the Colt and that has been my only compliant.
    Mix

Patriot
    I passed on it, wasnt sure about the refinish and it had replacement grips