Thread: My 513T from the NS 10/13

My 513T from the NS 10/13

I was able to pickup one of the CMP .22's when I made my latest NS run. All in all it was a decent trip.

The 513 is SN 46165, is US Property marrked and parkerized finish. I really didn't plan on getting a .22 but for $150 I thought what the hell. Here are some pics:

Date code: I was told how the date code works but mine has 3 letters and an anchor symbol (Anchor symbol then A M M). All other date-code info I heard was just 2 letters... maybe you guys can help:

People seem to like stock cartouches, so do I:

!

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Kind of odd looking,but I noticed 2 Girls kissing in Your pics...I like that.Wish I could make it bigger
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I looked at them but after you buy sights and mags I just couldnt see it was worth it.
    You have a good source for thsoe parts??
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I got three 6 round mags for $17 ea. It needed a front swivel and screw, I got then at Numrich. I have not found a rear sight yet but I am thinking the $34 one from Midway (once in comes back in stock) will be good enough. All in all it will be just under $250 I think.

I was also thinking about putting a scope on it....
    !

Thats not bad, I didnt know what sights and mags would cost so I passed on them
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Kind of odd looking,but I noticed 2 Girls kissing in Your pics...I like that.Wish I could make it bigger
    I'll see what I can do!
    !

Hmmmm..interesting.
    I've never seen one of these before. What purpose did this serve and when was this issued?
    Looks like it went through a Red River overhaul at some point. Was this a WWII training weapon or a sniper rifle designed for midgets?
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

These were trainers from 1940-1968 from what I can tell.
    !

Junior Cadet
    Can't see the pictures but the date code seems to be March of 1965. Disregard the first and last and use the two in the middle. If you have 4 symbols the first one is the inspector, the second is the month, the third is the year and the fourth is an assembly no#

Founding Member
    BTW your date code of AMM is March, 1943.