Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a day in the woods.

Cadet
    Are you sure you weren't hunting in a petting zoo. I must be doing something wrong I never see that many animals. Driving to Lansing last week I did see several from the road. Maybe it's time to purchase an out of state permit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Are you sure you weren't hunting in a petting zoo. I must be doing something wrong I never see that many animals. Driving to Lansing last week I did see several from the road. Maybe it's time to purchase an out of state permit.
    Hillsdale county is one of the premier counties for deer hunting in Michigan. Shots at bucks can happen everyday.

Cadet
    I have always been scared off by the cost of the out of state permits, but everyone I know that hunts MI harvests nice deer.

Welcome TheHammer!
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Founding Member
    Hammer, all the deer you see in my pictures is Hinckley, Ohio The 9 point showed up tonight while the guy about a 1/4 mile away was shooting something large and fast. He ignored it completely which surprised me. I have left him and the others go since I want to hang them in the barn a few days but the temp has stayed well above 40. Tomorrow and for a few days it is supposed to drop so he may be dead. Tim has it like me,, we can choose our deers if we want. A few years back I got all excited if a buck was near me or anywhere for that matter. With them around like I have it now I can watch them more than shoot them now and be picky if I want. I'm still in it for the meat over horns. Rick B

Its amazing how deer get used to their surrondings
    At the range I shoot at I have seen deer walk out and graze at the 200 yds burm while I'm am shooting at the 100yd burm. They dont even look up.
    I guess they hear it all the time there and know they are safe
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Cadet
    OK after a non harvest day on the river I talked the wife into a walk in the state forest (aka scouting trip) and man did I hit the mother of all scrape trails. 8 scrapes and 4 rubs in a 3/4 mi circumfrance. I know where my tree stand is going tomorrow.