Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMP M1D's - BOGUS?

CMP M1D's - BOGUS?

I think someone somewhere mentioned that the CMP was suspected as making their own M1D's.

This thread at CMP seems to support this.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....477#post423477

See post #25. If this is true, then M1D values with a CMP cert just went down the toilet.

A CMP M1D is now no different than someones garage build. How does someone know that his high dollar auction M1D was not just put together in the CMP shop?

WHERE GOOD PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, EVIL DARES NOT TREAD. Mark Muller

Of course they are. They're building every thing. How else do you explain all of the HRA's with SA parts, and SA's with HRA parts?
    Jon

no no no!! the cmp has turned out to be a false god?? this may bring about the collapse of society as we know it

Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Of course they are. They're building every thing. How else do you explain all of the HRA's with SA parts, and SA's with HRA parts?
    Jon

cmp is just a chop shop for guns

Is shenanigans declared?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Do you really believe with all the other crap the armorers have to do (building other rifles) they would take the time to mill a non-D barrel for the block? Do they even have the machinery to do that? If not, what would it cost to have it sent out vs just putting the receiver into the SG stockpile?

I'm not blindly following the CMP but taking the time to do that for 1 rifle sems like a real waste of time to me.

Obviously it was done somewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    Do you really believe with all the other crap the armorers have to do (building other rifles) they would take the time to mill a non-D barrel for the block? Do they even have the machinery to do that? If not, what would it cost to have it sent out vs just putting the receiver into the SG stockpile?

I'm not blindly following the CMP but taking the time to do that for 1 rifle sems like a real waste of time to me.

Obviously it was done somewhere though.
    Good point. Milling the barrel is over the top.

I don't like the willingness to swap out a barrel. Isn't that just what bubba does? Once a barrel swap is done, then it's just worth the sum of the parts.

More than that it's just no longer genuine. The old DCM and now CMP paper was supposed to be the only proof.

I also want to see this other reference source. I emailed custserve asking for it.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Even if They are totally manufactured in CMP Armory Guys will argue till Their Dieing day that CMP pedigree makes them legit.Who know's,I'd buy one if I could,but just so I didn't have to use sarco parts,but I don't think They should command any premium or "pedigree",as most were probably just made By Greeks or some other foreign Goverment if not CMP.JM.02C
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

The story on M1D's has always been if it wasn't assembled by a US arsenal or armory or depot than it's just not genuine.

So if CMP is willing to swap a barrel on an M1D and still call it authentic, that is bogus.

At this point it is still just what one poster said the armorer said.

Here's a scenario. Buy an M1D, spin off the barrel and spin on a humped one, return the rifle. The CMP puts it back into inventory, sell it to someone else and there you have it. While you're at it swap out all the really nice parts for some shitty ones, including the furniture. Punch
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau