Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense Shotgun Thread

Home Defense Shotgun Thread

Anyone else have a Shotgun for Home Defense? If so post some pics
    Mines a Smith & Wesson 3000 12 ga, a retired State Police weapon. I also have a slug barrel for it
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I just bought a Saiga .410. It will be at the house when I get home. I want to put a scope mount and a Bushnell 1x red dot on it. I've been researching HD rounds and there's some good .410 options.

I would have gotten a 12 gauge, but I got a good deal on the .410 ($299) and I think a 12 gauge would overpower the wife.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Orland

Why does that S&W look so much like an 870?????????

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Anyone else have a Shotgun for Home Defense? If so post some pics
    Mines a Smith & Wesson 3000 12 ga, a retired State Police weapon. I also have a slug barrel for it
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

???? Dont know
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Smith & Wesson bought patents and tooling for a 12 ga. shotgun design from Noble Manufacturing Co. in 1972, and produced it as the Model 916, 916T, and 916A.[27] The guns were plagued by a variety of quality issues, including a recall due to a safety issue with barrels rupturing.[28] The 916 series was replaced by the Model 3000, based on an improved Remington 870 design and produced by Howa of Japan.[29] However, Smith & Wesson exited the shotgun market in the late 1980s to return to their "core" market of handguns.
    It's wikipedia, so I don't know how true it is, but it's not inconceivable to think that S&W copied Remington's design since it's the industry standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson#Shotguns
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

I have various guns scattered throughout the house. 9's, 20's, 12's, Mini-G's.

Geez Orlando, you must be reading my mind (it's scary eh?:-)

I was coming to post some questions, looking for advice on tactical shotgun add-ons. I'm not going to trample on your thread, I'll start another.

Your S&W does looks a lot like my Remington 870, I bought the Express Combo package years ago, came with the 20" slug and 28" bird barrels. Since I started hunting deer with a Contender pistol some years ago and retired the shotgun I turned it into a home defense gun. I had some work done on the slug barrel to take a lot of the kick out of it by having it ported and the forcing cone lengthen, then I installed a pistol grip, three round mag tube and smaller forend grip. The pistol grip is a cheap solid plastic type I picked up at a gun show, I wouldn't recommend those. I'm going to get the Hogue grip, I see I can get the grip and matching forend from Brownells (cheap at my price :-)
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...OL-GRIP-FOREND

I don't have any pics of it, I'll have to get a couple and upload them.

I wonder if AM stocks and parts will fit your shotgun? Was the barrel you bought listed for the S&W only or also for the Rem 870?
    Guy Wilson

Only $14.00 for a FULL year Membership --> http://www.m1collectorsclub.com/

Please support the M1 for Vets Program --> http://www.m1forvets.com/

Remington 870 loaded with OO buckshot.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

I have a Mossberg 500 12ga. loaded with "less than lethal" ammo for the first 3 rounds. I figure that
    A-Less likely my wife will kill me.
    B-Less likely I'll accidently shoot my neighbor Nick.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Mr. Wilson View Post
    Geez Orlando, you must be reading my mind (it's scary eh?:-)

I was coming to post some questions, looking for advice on tactical shotgun add-ons. I'm not going to trample on your thread, I'll start another.

Your S&W does looks a lot like my Remington 870, I bought the Express Combo package years ago, came with the 20" slug and 28" bird barrels. Since I started hunting deer with a Contender pistol some years ago and retired the shotgun I turned it into a home defense gun. I had some work done on the slug barrel to take a lot of the kick out of it by having it ported and the forcing cone lengthen, then I installed a pistol grip, three round mag tube and smaller forend grip. The pistol grip is a cheap solid plastic type I picked up at a gun show, I wouldn't recommend those. I'm going to get the Hogue grip, I see I can get the grip and matching forend from Brownells (cheap at my price :-)
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...OL-GRIP-FOREND

I don't have any pics of it, I'll have to get a couple and upload them.

I wonder if AM stocks and parts will fit your shotgun? Was the barrel you bought listed for the S&W only or also for the Rem 870?
    As I rememeber no parts are interchangeable, the barrel is marked S&W . I found a guy in Texas that does have a few parts for them. I actually bought the extended magazine from him for it