Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense Shotgun Thread

Remington 870 loaded but not one in the chamber. I have a little one around.
    M1CC #328

Winchester 1897

Photobucket

"Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one and everyone else's stinks."

Cal30M1 , Garbageman Supreme

Now thats a looker Cal, I like
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I may be way off, but I seem to remember that the S&W pump was Remington inspired, made by Howa. But parts don't interchange. Anyone?

Let's See. H&K USP .45 in night stand. Keltec .380 with Crimson trace laser in Wifey's night stand. 870 with a full tube under the bed. Colt AR 15 in closet ready to roll. That's just the Master bedroom. I have more surprises scattered throughout the house. I suggest a phone call before you drop by.

Quote Originally Posted by mike9905 View Post
    I may be way off, but I seem to remember that the S&W pump was Remington inspired, made by Howa. But parts don't interchange. Anyone?
    Parts do not interchange

Found this:
    Smith & Wesson bought patents and tooling for a 12 ga. shotgun design from Noble Manufacturing Co. in 1972, and produced it as the Model 916, 916T, and 916A. The guns were plagued by a variety of quality issues, including a recall due to a safety issue with barrels rupturing.The 916 series was discontinued, then later replaced by the Models 3000, based on an improved Remington 870 design, and 1000 intended to compete with the popular Remington Model 1100; both were produced by Howa of Japan. However, with the sale of the company to British Tomkins PLC, Smith & Wesson exited the shotgun market in the mid-'80s to return to their "core" market of handguns
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Mossburg Mariner 590A, side saddle with 6 rounds, and stock cuff with additional 5. Gives me about 20 rounds of OO to rely on. Plus additonal 50 rounds in over the shoulder ammo carrier. Doesn't count various other goodies in the house and truck.
    "No man who is not willing to bear arms and to fight for his rights can give a good reason why he should be entitled to the privilege of living in a free community." -- Theodore Roosevelt

I sold my Mossberg 590 MIL a couple of years ago. I had the USMC version with ghost ring sights,heat shields and bayonet lug.
    Recently, I picked up a Mossberg model 88 to supplement the .45 commander i keep in the nightstand. The wife will take the 88 to the safe area and be on the line with 911 while the dog and I clear the house. 80 pounds of extremely territorial, pissed off Finnish Spitz should take care of most problems without my intervention. BUT, I'd be more than happy to shoot whatever is left after he gets done.
    Last edited by Schriv; 12-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

What is a Finnish Spitz - got a photo of your pup?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

A Finnish spitz is a sled dog. Here are a couple of pics taken in the summer when he isn't wearing his thick double layer fur coat. When he gets pissed it looks like a full body mohawk.
    He is fiercely protective of his mommy and his house. Comes in very handy when door to door folks choose to ignore the no solicitation sign at the front door.

Last edited by Schriv; 12-21-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.