The rifle had the barrel tack welded and the cut off was welded to prevent the bolt from being removed. I cut the tack weld off both the cut off and the barrel and I now had a receiver ready to be built. The M1 rifles are welded so the op rod won't come back far enough to remove it. barrel is tack welded but a cut is made on the bottom of the receiver that does not show the barrel is welded shut and the firing pin hole is welded the gas tube has the lock welded and the plug is also welded so you can't remove the gas tube. Not all the M1s are deactivated in this way but all the ones I have seen from CMP are. That is known as the luck of the draw. The O3 as I have seen are easier to restore with out a lot of effort but you can do all of the prep with a little cut off wheel and a Dremel.O3 parts are getting harder to find so go to Gun Broker and see what The Old Western Scrounger has to offer. I see some receivers still being sold by him for $139 to $179.00 and the work had already been done. In one of the pics you can see where I cut the weld and I forgot, not all the receivers are nickled.
Bingo