Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro Red Dot Sight Mount for M1A M14 Socom Mini-G

Junior Cadet

Hopco USA Micro Red dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1A/M14 Platform

Introducing the Hopco USA Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform. We are a couple of weeks behind schedule for releasing the product so we wanted to hurry and get it available.

Our design is to mount a micro/mini reflex red dot sight low on the receiver so as to provide a modern "heads up" visual display and at the same time retain some of the traditional looks of the platform. Care was exercised so that the receiver was not stressed nor modified. Transition from using the iron sights is minimal as it does not require the addition of a cheek riser. Target acquisition is now substantially faster.

By utilizing the rear sight pocket of the M14 receiver we were able to achieve an extremely secure low profile. Installation can be accomplished with a screwdriver and the included hex keys. The gun's original aesthetics are retained by using the factory Windage and Elevation knobs. The increase in weight is approximately the weight of the red dot sight because the Hopco USA aluminum mount replaces the iron sight's steel mechanisms.

Some of the early testing of the Hopco USA mount in "White".

Hopco USA MRD Mount in “White” with a Leupold DeltaPoint.

We have developed three micro reflex red dot sight mounts for the M1, M1a/M14 platform.

HT01, accommodates the;
    Burris Fastfire II Reflex Sight,
    Primary Arms Micro Reflex Sight,
    Insight Technology MRD,
    Docter Optic Reflex Sight.

HS01, accommodates the;
    Leupold Deltapoint Reflex Sight,
    JPoint Micro Electronic Reflex Sight,
    Tasco Optima 2000,
    C-MORE STS (With Modification).

HS02, accommodates the;
    Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex)

Hopco USA MRD Mount on a Garand with the Burris Fastfire II

Hopco USA MRD Mount on a M1A with a Docter Optic

Testing the Docter Optic for 400 rounds in one session.

Introductory Price: $99
    USPS Flat Rate Priority Shipping $5
    California Residents add 8.5%

To order: email us at [email protected], please indicate what red dot you will be using.
    We accept Money Orders or Checks.
    Last edited by joelogic; 03-12-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Hopco USA MRD Mount Now Available

Crazy, I was looking for that today. I would like a reflex scope for my Mini-g for hog hunting with dogs. Only thing I can come up with is the offset b-square mount, or (what I really do not like) is the picatinny mount like the below.

XYZ-123

I've aimed the site mentioned above, have not shot it, and it sure feels good to the eye and cheek. Very clean mounting system.

Junior Cadet
    Thanks for the positive words. We are getting very close to having this ready for market and we are hoping to announce its availability next week. The first mount will accept the: Burris Fastfire II Reflex Sight, Primary Arms Micro Reflex Sight, Insight Technology MRD, Docter Optic Reflex Sight

Put me down for one.

Junior Cadet
    I will keep you posted. Do you have a reflex sight already?

Quote Originally Posted by joelogic View Post
    I will keep you posted. Do you have a reflex sight already?
    Yes,Fastfire 2

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I've aimed the site mentioned above, have not shot it, and it sure feels good to the eye and cheek. Very clean mounting system.

Tim,I am going to pick one of these up as a light weight option but it seems one of the trade offs is if the red dot dies then thats that. When you were playing with it do you think it could be used as a make shift "ghost sight" if it died? Maybe put a whie line on the back of the sight to have a centering point?

Highangelhell, it has now been a while since I used it and I really have forgotten if that would be a possibility but I'm guess it would be. Only one way to find out!

Which red dot do you guys recommend?

Junior Cadet
    Just a couple examples of what it would look like if you were to use the aperture as a ghost ring.
    Deltapoint with a modified HK front sight.

The Jpoint has a notch cut out of it that can be used as a rear notch sight.