Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Micro Red Dot Sight Mount for M1A M14 Socom Mini-G

Junior Cadet
    I know my input may be a little biased but I have been shooting the mount and one MRD or another at least twice a month for the last 6 months without any problems at my local action matches. I would not recommend anything larger than 4 MOA for the dot. With a 4 MOA dot you should be able hammer C zone steel plates at 200 yards all day.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by joelogic View Post
    I know my input may be a little biased but I have been shooting the mount and one MRD or another at least twice a month for the last 6 months without any problems at my local action matches. I would not recommend anything larger than 4 MOA for the dot. With a 4 MOA dot you should be able hammer C zone steel plates at 200 yards all day.
    thank you!, Mike

Are these actually available for purchase now? Has anyone used one?

Junior Cadet
    From a customer, " I received it Saturday and got it mounted and out to the range by Sunday. What a blast! It makes my Shuff's Mini-G Garand the perfect brush gun."

Quote Originally Posted by joelogic View Post
    From a customer, " I received it Saturday and got it mounted and out to the range by Sunday. What a blast! It makes my Shuff's Mini-G Garand the perfect brush gun."
    How was the accuracy for you?

Junior Cadet
    I cant speak for the customer but I will ask him. But in my experience people usually shoot a red dot better than irons, given the MOA of the dot of course.

It's been a while since anyone has mentioned these Hopco mounts. Any reviews to share? Trying to decide between this and an ultimak rail for my Mini G.

I have one on my Mini-G with a Trijicon RMR with 3MOA dot. I haven't had it out to the range much, but I like the mount and the system as a whole is limited in accuracy by my ability. The downside is you lose your irons as backup. I use an Ultimak on a full-length Garand with a Leupold Scout Scope, and it's a nice set up, although the eye relief length limits your optic choices to those with long eye relief.

I have a second Ultimak to mount on the Mini-G, but haven't had time to play around with a replacement retention mechanism (the standard straps for the Ultimak won't work with an unmodified oprod and standard Garand gas cylinder). In other words, unless you had Tim machine your oprod and Ultimak straps, or went to a BM59-style gas cylinder with straight oprod, the Ultimak won't fit a Mini-G without interfering with oprod motion.

Several hundred rounds later, the Hopco mount has not worked its way loose or needed further adjustment.

FYI...I just emailed Hopco with a question as I wanted to know if the HT01 mount would support the Burris Fastfire III. Answer is yes. It will support the II and the III. I was also informed they are running a 20% sale right now. That puts their mounts at $79.20 plus $5 shipping.

That's a pretty nice deal to hear about.