Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-CMP SC1903A3 from todays gunshow....

Founding Member
    I spoke with that seller on Sunday. He put together a lot of his other rifles on the table. He also didn't seem real happy that his SC was gone!!!

Was it the old guy in the corner with the funny accent? Do you mean he assembled rifles out of part to sell? I've had a couple guys say that they knew the rifle I bought, but I'm not so sure. This one was on a horizontal rack at the end of the table, kinda hard to see. Anyway, I'm thinking I might make a range trip this weekend!
    !

Founding Member
    Hmmmm, must have been a different guy. This one had a table "near" the front on the left as you walked in. Maybe two or three rows in from the far left. He mentioned he sold an SC the day before.

I didn't get by his table on Sat. The SC I saw was in the back "right" as you walked in IIRC.

The guy with the 03's and A3's mentioned he "put together" most of what he had on his table. The exception was a 03 MK1 for $1100 he said was correct.

Did you see the IHC gap letter w/LMR barrel? Total mixmaster with the exception of the front site. Muzzle was a 2, not sure of TE. Wanted $1k.

How about the guy with the 03 MK1 for $2k? I almost hit the floor for that. It had a rebuilt stamp and everything...

Yeah.. I saw the IHC it was a gapper. I was tempted to make an offer but I think I would have offended the guy. The throat was a solid 5, not much life left. The rest was crap (rebuild oprod, late SA trigger group, -12SA bolt and a pitted windage knob) and the CMP/DCM stickers were awful. He also had a .308 Garand that was a definate bushing insert rifle, he didn't like learning that at all.
    !

Founding Member
    I saw the .308 rifle. Asked him if it was a .308 and he said no. I pushed him about the spacer and the 7.62 inscribed on the barrel and he still tried to tell me it wasn't a .308 rifle. After a bit he finally agreed with me it was probably sleeved.

I thought for sure you'd like the DCM/CMP stickers!

He said something about $600 when I was looking at the gapper. I said, "I'll take it for $600". Turns out he was saying he had $600 worth of stuff to make it "correct" but hasn't taken the time.

$600 was all it was worth. We went thru the correctifying conversation. When I realized he still wanted the 1k plus the 600 for it with the correct parts but w/o the correct wood is when I said I have to go.....
    !

Founding Member
    I think he was playing opossum about his rifles... hoping that the "aw shucks" act would catch him a sucker.

Did you look at his barreled receiver?

Nope... What was it?
    !

Founding Member
    A 900,000 serial with a commercial tomato stake he screwed on that morning. Wanted $250 if I'm not mistaken.

Bargain at half the price. BTW - We should do this over a beer instead of the internet.
    !