Thread: First deer of the season!!!!!!!

Patriot

First deer of the season!!!!!!!

So I am driving south from Dallas and several hundred miles down the road I’m going through some great large ranch deer country. I have been making this drive several times a year since 1978 and not once I have I seen any deer. Well, on Good Friday, I saw my first deer ever on this route.

…and I promptly hit it with my truck and killed it.

Fortunately, the truck was still drivable, bashed in the right side of the front bumper and knocked loose some of the plastic that now goes on vehicles. I’ll have it in the shop next week.

The good news is, I have a new deer lease in Mills County and will heading there tomorrow to look for promising shooting lanes and setting up feeders and cameras. At some point I hope to pop some feral hogs with my Mini G.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I have a Buddy that has lived here His whole life and was bragging about never hitting a Deer.Two days later He hit a deer destroying His headlight,Door and Grill.He then promptly fixed it,then the next weekend Hit another deer and took out the other side!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I hit 4 deer over the years here in PA. They sure do rearrange the sheet metal on your car
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I've never hit a deer. I have come so close that I've had hair in the grill, but no real impact.

I do, however, have the distinction of having hit (and killed) no fewer than a dozen birds in flight ranging from the size of a dove to a friggin grouse! if you think a dove won't blow that plastic chevy bow tie into a thousand little pieces, you are mistaken

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I've taken out songbirds,Grouse and Pheasant.My old Ford Pickup that I had at the time didn't take kindly to those"missles".The 1973 plastic grill disintegrated with the Pheasant and it's beak stuck in the radiator!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)