Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New"M1A barrel is junk.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

"New"M1A barrel is junk.

I got My headpace gages and tested the Rifle I have been shooting...It flunked "harder"than Tom Selleck WAS in the magnum Years!I had to add several pieces of tape on the Field gage to stop the bolt,so it was a good thing I custom loaded each round to the chamber before I went out!

Barrel over indexed with hand tightening originally,,so I had to peen the shoulder for proper crush and according to My eye and laser level it is indexed correctly..Crap,now I have to save for another barrel I do not fear My reloads,I just want to be able to shoot factory loads whenever.
    Ryan
    Last edited by Prince Humperdink; 11-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Any chance of getting the barrel to someone with a lathe that can take a little off the face??
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    ..It flunked harder than Tom Selleck in the magnum Years!
    Ryan

I'll give you jut one chance to take that back and beg forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    I'll give you jut one chance to take that back and beg forgiveness.
    Sean,Please forgive My comment about Tom Selleck having a hard body,I was just giving credit to My Twin.You are still #1....please forgive!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Sean,Please forgive My comment about Tom Selleck having a hard body,I was just giving credit to My Twin.You are still #1....please forgive!

I didn't see a lot of begging in this.

credit? sure sounds to me like you were suggesting that the Magnum years were a failure

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    credit? sure sounds to me like you were suggesting that the Magnum years were a failure
    No,I was a magnum addict as a Kid.I would still watch if I could,but not on My basic cable channels...I just"mis-spoke",My comment was supposed to insinuate that Tom selleck was sexy(but not in a Gay way).

I fixed it,is that better My mildly Homo Friend?

aahhh....you were referring to Tom's hardness and not his "flunking". that is much better. Thank you for the clarification.

BTW, what's wrong with thinking of Tom Selleck in a gay way? who hasn't? If I had a nickel for every time I thought of Tom Selleck when I had my wife on all fours...

No,I was a magnum addict as a Kid.I would still watch if I could,but not on My basic cable channels...I just"mis-spoke",My comment was supposed to insinuate that Tom selleck was sexy(but not in a Gay way).

I fixed it,is that better My mildly Homo Friend?

Wow, now there's something wrong with being mildly homo

OK, common for M14 go past TDC which is why Shuff , myself and Tony G -it was actually his design-have a tool to fix that problem. No peening necessary. AFAIK, all M14 barrels are chrome lined and the chamber can't be reamed, unless some bozo did it before you got it. I would start checking elsewhere for the problem. Also keep in mind that NATO field is .007 or .008 more than SAAMI, so you may be able to shoot 7.62. Anyway, I'd check the bolt. Stu
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 12-01-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau