Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant two-fer

VitSports6

Mosin Nagant two-fer

Hi all.
    I finally got to use my C&R license over the Thanksgiving weekend.
    AIRsurplus had a two MN for one, That being a 91/30(Most likely a a round receiver) and an M44 they were sold for $220, I was lucky enough, I guess to get in on that deal, They arrive on Monday
    Oh and my lovely wife was nice enough to let me buy an 880 round crate of 7.62x54r in two spam cans.
    This will make 3 MN's for me, I will most likely give my brother the 91/30 for Christmas, Since I already have one.
    Pretty stoked, I mean within reason, Not like when I bought my Garand, But still cool.
    I will post up some pic's if anyone is interested.
    Have fun.

COOL Let us know how they shoot.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I put off buying one for Years,but I bought one this year that was a 1934 hex receiver.I still think Mosin's are Butt ugly,but that damn thing can shoot!I got it from century arms for $92 shipped...I don't regret it!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Holy smokes! when did the price of nagants go up?? Last year i could buy all the 91/30s you could carry for $59 each and M44s were $69-79

VitSports6
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Holy smokes! when did the price of nagants go up?? Last year i could buy all the 91/30s you could carry for $59 each and M44s were $69-79
    Unsure, But I bought my first MN for $79 with all the extras a couple of years ago, I felt it was a good price, Every other M44 has been over $150 locally.
    Everything is going up, Honestly, You cant really beat the price for a rifle.

MN's were going $229 - $269 this summer at the Greensboro gunshow in August. I was flabbergasted! One seller had people waiting in line to fill out paperwork. All of his signage was mis-spelled and just plain wrong. He was calling htem 31/90's. I didn't see what they were going for at the last show a couple weeks ago. Crazy.
    !

Founding Member
    There was a crate of 91/30's for $119.95 out the door. I almost had a buddy buy one but he's saving $$$ for a south store trip in a couple of weeks.

The 91/30's are still a good deal. The 44's have gone up and I haven't seen anyone carry 38's for a while.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

The M44 is an obnoxiously loud rifle. You will become the scourge of the range. People will hate you.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

VitSports6
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    The M44 is an obnoxiously loud rifle. You will become the scourge of the range. People will hate you.
    works for me