Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant two-fer

AIM still has 91/30s for $79.
    Last edited by seaninmich; 12-02-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
    works for me
    I like the 3 foot fireball my son's 1938 throws in broad daylight.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

VitSports6
    Fresh out of the box!

1944 Tula M44 I gave it a quick wipedown, But, It looks like I have a little work ahead of me.
    I opened the 91/30, Just to see if everything was OK, But I didn't take any pic's, Its going to be a gift to my brother for Christmas.
    I also cut the shipping bands off the ammo to have a look inside, Not really much to see till I open a spam can.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
    Fresh out of the box!

1944 Tula M44 I gave it a quick wipedown, But, It looks like I have a little work ahead of me.
    I opened the 91/30, Just to see if everything was OK, But I didn't take any pic's, Its going to be a gift to my brother for Christmas.
    I also cut the shipping bands off the ammo to have a look inside, Not really much to see till I open a spam can.
    Looks to be in quite good shape!Will You be leaving on the shellac?I'm considering stripping it off My stock because I think it was added during overhaul,but I'm not quite sure about original finish.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

VitSports6
    I was going to leave the shellack on, I was basically going to clean all the cosmo off and see how it shoots.

Cadet
    Check out this web site. www.7.62X54r.net

More info than you can read in one day. Here in Alabama the price range on the M44 is from $85.00 to $250.00 depending on country of mfg., condition, and how bad you want it. The first spam ammo can I tried to open, well it was like a monkey humping a football until I got the hang of it. These rifles are fun and cheep to shoot.

Hope all my BT Brothers have a great Christmas!
    Dan
    M1CC#119

VitSports6
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmanrn View Post
    Check out this web site. www.7.62X54r.net

More info than you can read in one day. Here in Alabama the price range on the M44 is from $85.00 to $250.00 depending on country of mfg., condition, and how bad you want it. The first spam ammo can I tried to open, well it was like a monkey humping a football until I got the hang of it. These rifles are fun and cheep to shoot.

Hope all my BT Brothers have a great Christmas!
    Dan
    Thanks, I have been a member of the 7.62 forum for a couple of years.
    I had a good time opening my first spam can as well, Luckily I have the can opener.
    Have fun

I hate to admit it, but I bought a 91/30 from Buds and that thing will outshoot damn near everything in my safe, I mean the think is a tack-driver. I can barely get my Garands on paper at 100 but I was shooting 6" groups with this $79 rifle. Oh the irony.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stratochief View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I bought a 91/30 from Buds and that thing will outshoot damn near everything in my safe, I mean the think is a tack-driver. I can barely get my Garands on paper at 100 but I was shooting 6" groups with this $79 rifle. Oh the irony.
    Something is wrong with Your Garands,at the very least They should do 6 inches!Perhaps it is You?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

You should slug the barrel on the MN's as the Soviets weren't too fussy about things like specs and dimensions. I've heard a lot measure out to .310 and if that's the case will benefit from .303 handloads. Sort of like a Russian Enfield you might say.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau