Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I don't shoot competitively

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Why I don't shoot competitively

Took out the M1 that I just rebarreled,and put it's permanent stock on.I had to adjust the sights several times,hence the traveling but did end up centered in the last couple rounds.I was shooting mixed reloads as I was just settling the Rifle into the stock,but I just thought I would share.This barrel was one I bought several Years ago from GPC as a junk barrel.It has a muzzle wear under two,but no idea of throat.The receiver is a former Drill that I got from Past Prime.

No matter what I do I always have a few Flyers,even in My best rifles,maybe I should get a real rest?This was at the 25 yrd sight in,so I'm confident I can take a Deer at 100yrds,but couldn't compete!The rifle must like that stock?anyway,I shot 24 rnds at it and here is what I got....perhaps the flyers were the 150gr spitzers as all the rest were PSPBT?

Photobucket
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Not so bad to me my friend.

Whats with the flyer?
    In God we trust, all others pay cash.

Are you going to use that rifle if Tim has another postal shoot ?
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Ryan, I sure don't want you shooting at my fat ass! Looks good to me, a sturdy dependable rest will work wonders. I bought an almost brand new one off of the CMP trade section last year, best 45 dollars I've spent on range equipment. If we lived closer I'd lend it to you but it would be a heck of a drive now.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Are you going to use that rifle if Tim has another postal shoot ?
    Nah,My Post War and WRA shoot better...way better than I can!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Looks good to me, Ryan. I don't think my M1 could shoot that well at 2.5 yards.

I'm gobsmacked! 197 mph? How far do you hold for Cat 5 wind speeds? (You weren't cheating with a tailwind now, were you?)

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I'm gobsmacked! 197 mph? How far do you hold for Cat 5 wind speeds? (You weren't cheating with a tailwind now, were you?)
    I was waiting for someone to notice that

Hmmm, looks like you need to move the front sight left .008.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    NRA,GCA,OGCA, USAF,Msgt.Ret.