Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Santa" said NO!!!

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

"Santa" said NO!!!

My Wife asked Me what I needed for Christmas,so I told Her..
    1)A USGI M14 flash hider w/bayonet lug
    2)M6 Bayonet to sit on the flash hider
    3)7.62 Nato ammo to feed M14

Her answer......"NO"!!!!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Yah, I asked my wife what the limit was for santas gifts for her this year, her answer was "silly boy, there is no limit". I think she was joking, I hope.

I've asked for the same thing three Christmases running and haven't scored yet. My boys, wife, and I to all go on a camping trip like we use to. I want no material anything, just this family time together. I guess time is to valuable a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Yah, I asked my wife what the limit was for santas gifts for her this year, her answer was "silly boy, there is no limit". I think she was joking, I hope.

I've asked for the same thing three Christmases running and haven't scored yet. My boys, wife, and I to all go on a camping trip like we use to. I want no material anything, just this family time together. I guess time is to valuable a gift.
    I hope you get your wish, Timmy. Camping is one of the best stress relievers I know of, not to mention family time. If you want, come on down over Easter weekend. That's our first trip of the year.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Patriot
    Rule number #1: Don't ask your wife for anything. Either she won't get it, or if she does, it'll be something similiar, but not exact, to what you want.

Just go buy it yourself, wrap it up, put it under the tree with a tag from her and act surprised on Christmas morning. Feeding her lots of spiked egg nog before you open it helps to "jog" her memory that she actually bought it for you.

Better yet, buy it and don't tell her...

My wife is going to buy me a Glock 23 with a Stainless Slide and Trijicon night sights. She just doesn't know she is.

My wife bought me a new Galco shoulder rig,for my ultra carry.
    She said she had too, it was named for me. THE JACKASS RIG.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TWIN View Post
    My wife is going to buy me a Glock 23 with a Stainless Slide and Trijicon night sights. She just doesn't know she is.
    This post wins!!!

My wife actually supports my gun collecting hobby. She even bought me a 1943 receiver, parts 'kit' and matching barrel off Gunbroker for my birthday. Of course I had to pick it all out, but that was no problem. I had all the other parts to build my own present. She's a keeper!!
    Christmas is pretty low key for us now that our kids are grown and gone. I'm at a point in my life where my hobbies are so specific that nobody can buy anything for me that would be right. I have to either pick it out, or it is wrong. That is no fun, so cash is my favorite present at this time.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

My wife always says "NO" One of the guys at the gun club ask me the other night if I was getting any on the side? I told him it had been so long I didn't know they had moved it!
    Bill
    PS: The wife doesn't know it yet but she bought me a Wilson CQB for the holidays
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

I got a big YES!!!

!