Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malaysian 7.62 ammo?

Founding Member

Malaysian 7.62 ammo?

Is it any good? IIRC 80's production. ~.42-.44/rd depending on quantity ordered.

I'd like to get some ammo so I "have to purchase" an M14 type rifle.

I would rate it a 7 on a scale of 1-10 for accuracy with 10 being the highest
    I prefer German MEN 7.62 over it and price is about the same.
    If you ever run across Lithuanian 7.62 snatch it up, boxer primed and very accurate
    Here is a "10 round " 1 5/8 inch group with German 7.62 at 100yds with my standard scoped M1a off bench.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Shazam! That's good shooting...

Thanks for the info.

They talked about it on the Falfiles a while back. It got the thumbs up but it was on the longer end of the NATO spec. Sound like just the ticket for Ryan's M14.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I still have a couple of cases of Malaysian on m13 links left from a lot quantity I bought for my semi M60 back around 10 years ago. Most lots ran just fine, but a few were slightly under powered for that gun. It is very finicky. South African 7.62 is it's favorite, but that is impossible to get now.
    But, for my FALs and other 7.62 weapons, it runs just fine. Burns clean and always goes bang.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Schriv, I didn't know you're into FAL's? I built a mint ARGY and I have an all matching STG58 I'll try to do this year sometime. Stu
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

FAL's were my guncrack addiction back in the late 90's.
    I had 10 at one time. I'm down to three now. One inch gun and two metric.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd like to build an inch gun myself. Someday.

Still have a few rounds of it around. It all went bang and back in the day it came on links. It was a pain to delink,I recall some pretty sore fingers.It was like $17 or 19 bucks a can back in the day.The sore fingers have since healed and that $19 seems like money well spent in today's market.
    M1CC #328

Founding Member
    This stuff is/was boxed in battle packs.