Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally got to shoot my mini-g

Finally got to shoot my mini-g

First 200 rounds went great. Couldn't believe how easy it was to shoot. Tried out different firing positions. One observation is that the ultimak gets real hot pretty fast. Definitely a glove rifle. After about 200 rounds she started short stroking and not picking up the next round. I found that the gas plug was loose also allowed the muzzle break to move around. Since it was short stroking it allowed the charging handle to come out of the grove in the receiver which was a pain for me since I had to figure out how to get the bolt open to get back to the grove. Any advice on how to work this adjustable gas plug? From what I understand it needs to be tightened down and the Allen in the middle used to adjust. Do I turn it in or out to allow more gas? What's a good starting point?

Haha. Well my dad failed to mention the instructions that shuff provided that I just found.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    How did it group?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

At 50 yards I was putting 3 rounds at about an inch off of a sand bag with a 4 Moa fastfire 2. I think I could have done a little better if I had a sling. I forgot the wrench I neede to mount my scout scope.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighAngleHell View Post
    At 50 yards I was putting 3 rounds at about an inch off of a sand bag with a 4 Moa fastfire 2. I think I could have done a little better if I had a sling. I forgot the wrench I neede to mount my scout scope.
    Sounds like Shuffleupakiss built You a winner!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

It looks good in the synthetic stock!

How hot did the Ultimak get and how many rounds did it take before it was uncomfortable to touch? Thinking about whether I want to put one on my Mini-G when it gets here or adapt a Springfield Scout mount I have on hand instead (my rifle will have the Beretta gas system so there should be room).

I am not sure but I know that it was burn your hand hot at 80 rounds or so. I am going to try and get to the range tomorrow. I planned on checking after every few rounds. Looking at the design though I am not surprised it got so hot. I am considering a Magpul AFG.

Went with the AFG. Because the angle of the ram line stock it's slightly angled more than it was intended to be. Adapted a rail to mount it on. Also because of the angle of the stock and rail it's really only good for the AFG or maybe a side sling mount. I have a angled mount under the scope that I may use for the red dot. Mounted in top it is more of a chin weld. If I leave the red dot on top I'm going to use the angled mount for a sure fire. It's already getting a little too tactical and heavy.