Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Turkey for this Turkey

No Turkey for this Turkey

Well back from the rainy season,Never saw a turkey,never had an answer.
    I did have 7 scrawny deer in my yard thursday evening.
    I have 2 more tags for next week and the week after.I will try again.
    Seasons run from Wednesday thru Sunday,Go figure!
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member
    Don't mean to make you cry but this is my back yard the other day and during season but I left them go since it was the first time they stop since I moved in. I get anywheres up to 250 pictures a night on the game camera and here are a few. The video was funny as you will hear my 9 year old upstairs say,, There doing it again. She came downstairs asking what they were doing and I told here playing Leap Frog. Of course my oldest was yelling, aww grose, thats sick and I had to tell her to stop so the little one quit asking why.

Every day its like this. Rick B

Founding Member

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Rick, hunting season camp out in Your yard?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Saw these on a golf course near Austin Tx last week.

Founding Member
    A few more and I baited the Vulchers. Rick B

Founding Member
    Tried to get a buddy his second ever turkey... had one roosted last night, snuck in close this am and waited for the show. He cranked up at 6:06am and finally flew down at 6:34am. Steady walking away from us. We headed into the swamp and got close. Fired up the hen but she wasn't going to share her beau with the new hussy in the neighborhood. Let them work off and tried to intercept back at the roost. Didn't hear a peep this evening.

Hey Rick You live in Hinkly Ohio? Right? The vulchers come back every year on a certain date?True or not true?
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Hey Rick You live in Hinkly Ohio? Right? The vulchers come back every year on a certain date?True or not true?
    I don't know about Ohio,but here in Mt the Vultures are flocking in town...same time every Year!I look up in the Day time and usually see about 50,once even in the Silver Maple in My front yard!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    My dad was involved with putting carcasses in the woods to attract them in that area of the Reservation. The state does a large round up from the highways just for this special occasion. People are clueless to why they show up in hoards in this one area every year. I have a childhood friend who has lived here for 10 years just down the road from me and he refused to believe me until my father told him.
    My understanding is they never really leave but only show up for the feast. I will say in the winter you don't see as many flying around but you do occasional see them.