Thread: Repro lock bar

Repro lock bar

The humpers are getting better. Remember the lock bars from several years ago that were being sold by GPC? Check these out being sold by Dornot on Flea Bay.

I picked up one to compare and measure against an original. Here is some pics that Dornot has on his page.

Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 04-30-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

That repo looks good. I can't see anything right now that would identify it as a repo aside from it looking brand new.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I remember the repop i got from Numrich a few years ago had a really black finish. The finish looks alot better on that one, the markings are not quite as faint as well.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Crazy Horse; 05-01-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Great, more humped junk
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Great, more humped junk
    Its getting rough keeping up to date on this stuff.
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

I've put those on several of my rebuilt/mixmaster Garands that I use for reenacting. The quality is outstanding for the price, but the type II locking bar is more 'rounded' on the clones than what I see on a real locking bar. ( at least to me anyways). Not being a collector, I like the fact that I can get replacement parts for these that are not already trashed when I get it. The pinnion works perfectly with USGI issued windage and elevation knobs as well as the USGI type III lock bars that I have. For the purist, I can see new made parts being a concern, but thats an old,old argument and it's been beat to death.
    I have these on my rifles along with Dupage/Boyds stocks and I love 'em.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I've used several of these in recent builds. Many of these will not parkerize correctly, per our resident expert, Timmy. I have one supply which I'm staying with because the park correctly. Once parked I can't tell them from an original, I'm sure the "experts" can but I don't really care.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I had a couple sets,and I can say that They worked great,other than the first ones were laser etched numbers that were hard to see.I don't,and probably never will have real WRA sights to compare to,so They worked for My needs.
    R
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    The numbers are clearly incorrect so you will be able to tell if you compare to original numbers. Rick B